DVD Ponderings
I've rented Big Fish.
We started watching it and Jim fell alseep. I noticed this when he was snoring. He was tired anyways, so it was not necessarily about the movie. We stopped watching and he took a nap and I did some other things and that was two days ago.
We've since watched two other movies - both times giving a bit of a *meh* about putting Big Fish back on... it isn't BAD or anything, it just didn't grab either of us. And really, given that one of the two movies we watched was the extended Return of the King - it was like we watched three movies since then.
But the Big Fish is not being watched, so it seems. And now I'm having netflix pressure and thinking I might just send it off without watching the rest. I've set this weekend as the deadline. Thing is, with netflix you can just keep the movies for as long as you want but that means it is taking up a spot of something I might actually seem to want to watch.
But I seem to have this feeling that movies need to be watched. And a real feeling that once a movie is started - unless really horrid - they should be finished.
Anyone wanna weigh in one way or the other on this?
We started watching it and Jim fell alseep. I noticed this when he was snoring. He was tired anyways, so it was not necessarily about the movie. We stopped watching and he took a nap and I did some other things and that was two days ago.
We've since watched two other movies - both times giving a bit of a *meh* about putting Big Fish back on... it isn't BAD or anything, it just didn't grab either of us. And really, given that one of the two movies we watched was the extended Return of the King - it was like we watched three movies since then.
But the Big Fish is not being watched, so it seems. And now I'm having netflix pressure and thinking I might just send it off without watching the rest. I've set this weekend as the deadline. Thing is, with netflix you can just keep the movies for as long as you want but that means it is taking up a spot of something I might actually seem to want to watch.
But I seem to have this feeling that movies need to be watched. And a real feeling that once a movie is started - unless really horrid - they should be finished.
Anyone wanna weigh in one way or the other on this?


8 Comments:
Return it [up]
As I voted in the poll!
Callie
There was a poll in Testing and everything! I didn't vote and I'm still not sure I should.
Erm.
Normally I would say "Watch it". Then you can return it, safe in the knowledge that it's poo/average/great. Yes.
jason and i are making our third attempt at not falling asleep during this film tonight.
it's not that its bad. its just got that rythm...
I've seen this movie and am trying to remember it, but mostly I just keep thinking it was kinda slow and not so special. I remember that it was supposedly heartwarming, but I know I wouldn't rent it again, or even watch it if it were on TV. Maybe you should just send it back. You might as well spend your time doing something you want to do.
I loved Big Fish. I cried at the end, because of the whole legacy of your life thing is one of my buttons. I've heard it's a love it or hate it kind of movie, and I'm on the love it side.
Well, we sent it out today (Monday). I mean - last night we watched Twister on TBS rather than the movie.
But we have the first season of Alias showing up in the next couple of days! Whooo!
Well! If you had said that the decision to return it would result in Alias dvds coming, there would have been no contest!!
damn it we still didn't watch it. we planned to watch it tonight but i was blogging all night and jason installed alpha centuri on my laptop.
Post a Comment
<< Home