Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Tomorrow, Tomorrow [/Annie]

So I leave tomorrow. I started packing last night. I'm trying to pack for about three months away from home, my thesis work, and Christmas. You'd think by now packing would be a breeze. Nope. I fret.

I hold up my new pink blouse and think "this is new, I should take it.. but I don't know I'll wear it. But it is new. What if I get there and suddenly think - ahh, why don't I have that pink blouse with me??"

But my main concern is leaving things, I think. I like my things. I don't actually have all that much - but I really like having it with me. And the real kicker is that my basic clothes are not the issue. I currently have my "max" packed (and then I go back and remove things as I see fit) and it isn't even half the suitcase. What ends up filling up the space is things like my runners and workout clothes, my nice shoes, my casual shoes, my sweater, and my school stuff. And quite frankly, I know that I'll be really glad to have my diskman there and my runners - well, my ass will certainly appreciate all that!


So yeah, other than that I've just got to get some stuff finished up at the uni. I need to get some things photocopied - but you know, more and more I'm just thinking that I actually have all the quotes I need. What I must do now is actually just write all that I must around the quotes and so I may not actually photocopy all that much. I think it is there, and the photocopy urge is more about trying to cover all my bases and keep my busy with 'outside' work - rather than really worrying about getting the 'inside' part done. You know, the part where I actually figure out what I'm saying about it all....

*doh*

So I'm home for a bit finishing up making some gifts. To the uni to return the bulk of my books, photocopy one or two key things, bring ONE BINDER of info with me, my primary sources, my chapter printouts, my disks. Oh, and my stinky workout clothes. Wouldn't do to leave those up there for three months *ick*

Then I'm off to meet with some friends for goodbye coffee, and tonight Coral, Leone and I are doing our own Christmas. Tomorrow Coral's driving us to the airport at the ungodly hour of 6am and then we're off to see mom and dad. What is rather nice is that once I'm there I no longer need to worry about what I've packed or not packed. Very good.

So today I'll get done whatever I get done, and regardless the plane leaves at 7:20am tomorrow!
XoXo
jenn

3 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Well, here's me hoping you have everything and have a great time!

2:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll pack everything you need. And if you do forget something, like a comb, or toothpaste, you can always buy that stuff. Just don't forget your key things. I mean what you think is important- work out clothes, Uni stuff etc. The rest you can borrow or buy, or do without. It's my philosophy anyway ;-)

Have fun sweets, and bung a PM every now and then if you get itnernet [up]

Callie

10:27 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Ah-ha!!! But once I realised I could bring TWO, TWO WONDERFUL SUITCASES HAHAHAAA![/the Count] - it was all very much easier to figure out.

So I brought both shoes _and_ said pink blouse. To date all I've forgotten is face wash which I picked up downtown yesterday.

Cool Beans!

11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home