Monday, November 22, 2004

Thesis update number five billion

So I just had a most excellent meeting with my supervisor and she's very happy about how things are going. *yay!* I'll send her and my committee my completed rough draft on January 5th. See, this is the good thing about actually meeting with your supervisor - they've done this so many time that they know the process in a way which can't be compared to you and your buddies sitting in the grad office trying to figure everything out.

She pointed out that nobody will look at the work over Christmas and that it would suck to even ask them to take it at that point. Also that between my schedule and her schedule the soonest we all can meet is the end of February. This means Jan 5th will give them all lots of time to look the draft over and comment. She's supported my idea of rough draft done by Dec 16th, but then I get to take a bit of time to let it sit and do another run-through before sending it off to the committee. Also gives some play time for all the formatting issues which ALWAYS pop up at the last minute.

As for this whole other schedule with the uni deadlines and all that - she stressed that I need to not worry about those issues right now. If I finish by date X, great. If it is date X plus two weeks - well, I'm still done my thesis and ready to move on. We'll talk again when I'm finished the draft and see how things are going, but quite frankly my committee could end up asking for two revisions and then all my planning flies out the window. My main concern is just getting this done. So a great meeting, and lots of super duper feedback and I'm on the right track and she is very firm in saying to me "you are done this - so just finish :) "

Oh, and Chuck has just climbed into my lap demanding a nap and for me to stop typing *awwwww*

xoxo

7 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Woohoo! for reassuring feedback and for maybe having more time than you thought you did. Although, for me, that would mean I would lax out and put it off and still end up having to rush.

6:38 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Yay! for positive feedback and all that jazz. I am so friggin' proud of all of your hard work.

Now I am going back to bed...all this celebrating has wiped me out.

10:43 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Awww, Chuck! I was reading that! *wink*

4:43 p.m.  
Blogger Katy said...

Yay you! That's fab news!

And give Chuck a cuddle for me. I miss creatures crawling into my lap. ;)

8:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay you! Well done and woohoos all round! That's fantastic news, so take a relaxation session tonight [up]

Hugs and snuggles, Callie

3:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Ivor said...

Quite worthwhile info, much thanks for the post.
no time limits games | download de jogos para pc | download mac games | new games reviews | free online games

3:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Jeffrey said...

This is all erroneous what you're writing.
Medieval recipes

8:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home