Monday, November 15, 2004

Thesis update - oh the excitement [/sarcasm]

well it is 1pm and I'm taking a bit of a quick break. Ah gods, my head is spinning. I am going to send in my chapter today. I just AM.

I've been working on it all last week, all weekend, and all today. I've just printed it off and done the final read thru with the brutal corrections. You know, that part where if something isn't working I have to sit there and stare at it until it does work - or just take it out. And facing all those horrid sentences which run something along the lines of "the importance of this structure is located within the importance of the notion of colonization and the impact thereof" - bloody hell. I mean, I'd love to claim that was a silly example - but it really isn't.

Okay, so far today I've finally input all the final tidbits from the texts to back up the discussion, created the final necessary paragraphs at the end, and made these three horrid pages into two logical pages. At noon I printed the full 25 pages and started slugging my way thru the last edit before I send it off to my supervisor. With that said, I've FINISHED pages 1 thru 11. I have pages 12 thru 25 to go. And based on this gut-level feeling of dread, I'm going to have to break the 12 thru 25 into a couple bit-sized pieces with rewards at the end of each. You know that feeling of just saying to yourself com'on, please read that paragraph.. I know you just read the first sentence and your entire being screamed 'NO!! I've read it too many times already today!! Please, please make it stop!!' Yeah. That's kinda where I'm at.

But sending this off today will be the happy dance like all get-out. And with that, I might even get a day off this week. Crazy but true.

I figure two 30 minute stints will do it. And then leone and I are going to the gym this afternoon. Should be interesting as I think my ass has totally fallen asleep on this chair. Let me just poke it and see... Yep. Asleep.

Wow, this is a really entertaining show I've got going here eh?

*rolleyes*
jenn

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura Barth said...

Wow, that's great! You're almost there. You definitely need to give yourself a day off this week. I wish I could be there to see the happy dance. Do you think you could video tape it?

2:03 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Well there we are. What did I call it in that PM to Jim? Dreaded Chapter Four: The Bane Of My Existance - has been (e)MAILED!

And I thought of you, laura, when I did my happy dance. I feel very confident that you know me well enough to get a good idea of how it looked. Rather goofy, I assume *grin*

xoxo
jenn

2:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! for submitting "Dreaded Chapter Four: The Bane of My Existence." Doesn't the whole word seem lighter? [clap]

[kiss]
Jim

10:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay! *does the happy dance for Mgan*

Well done you, now go have oodles of fun *girlkissers*. You rock [grin]

Callie

11:09 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

It's done now! Yay and whoo-hoo! Now go out and enjoy yourself as much as possible. Yes Sirree!

11:46 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i can't read this post. everytime i start, i get nauseous.

meh

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

But the gym was fun wasn't it? I think it's fun. Did you see the destiny child new video? She is soooo letting her mom dress them again! Oh man, now I really need to get to class. Dammit!

11:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home