Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Amazing Ever-Changing Post *ohhh, ahhhh*

So I checked out the source of various blogs and then fiddled away with my page. No, it isn't any different because when I changed the margin settings the texts all became too large looking. I could figure out most of the settings and change them to a different percentage (usually by doing something extreme to the section and then previewing and seeing what part of my blog had changed) but I couldn't figure out how to make the main text smaller. I could make the headers, footers (which I don't have btw) profile, comments, and everything else smaller. But the main body of my posts remained strange looking. So then I thought maybe it is the font. I my template defaults to Trebuchet and I can alter that either in the template setting or in some other section where it asks me about pre-formatting all my posts. I also wonder if this is where I could alter the size of the text rather than in the template as I can't seem to find that in the template section.

If not already evident, this is a testing post. And would be actual testing-testing.

Arial
Courier
Georgia
Lucida
Times
Trebuchet
Verdana

Small
Tiny

So now I'm putting this up and gonna fiddle with it in hopes of not destroying the entire blog, just one post.

5 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

It all looks pretty good from here!

3:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks OK here.... on my first Blog (before I got a new one that wasn't WDer knowledge), I was a complete Blogger virgin, and managed to somehow irreparably change my template :S

From then on I copied and pasted my template into Word (I have paper copies somewhere too although now I forget which is the latest), so that if I cocked it up again, I could just c&p my old template back in - Nemesis (WDer) taught me that nifty idea ;-)

I'll have a looook if you want :-)

Callie

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Yes, that is good to remember. I kept thinking about how smart I would be to keep a copy of the original template code... but then I just went ahead anyways with being alternately a coding wiz-kid and computer spazoid, respectively. I'll send you a copy and see what you can figure out. But all in all, I do like how the whole Bloggin is going so Yay!

4:46 p.m.  
Blogger Vicki said...

If you're going to keep to a smaller text size, I'd go with either Arial or Verdana; sans-seif fonts are easier to read at smaller sizes then say a serif font, like a Times or Georgia.

Have fun playing around with it, though; it's always neat to see what you can come up with just by experimenting. Alternatively, this is a fantastic list of freeware/linkware blog templates, which are also just plain good for inspiration. :)

12:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Bruno said...

Thanks so much for your post, pretty helpful information.
catering st louis mo | catering in san antonio | abortion clinics

7:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home