Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Woofing Cookies

Warning, the following post is about surgery and scars and things like that. If that tends to make you feel like it tends to make me feel - maybe just wait for the next entry.

Some will know I had surgery in February (breast reduction) and I came to stay with my parents for the surgery and the recovery. Took about two months or so to recover, and now I just have to pop back every once in a while for follow-ups - one of which was this morning. And the main thing I realised today is that my surgeon really doesn't get how easily I get squicky tummy. I kinda knew that around the six month (eight really, but whatever) follow-up is when they will look at doing any touching up of the surgery. Being a perfectionist is cool and having him make everything look as good as possible is super cool. But the part where he's all like "I'll just use a local and don't worry you can drive home afterwards" is not so cool. I don't think he understands the part where I'll most likely go dead white during the first five minutes and turn into a shocky pool of shakey jello by the end. And yes, if in truely good form, I will also maybe just woof my cookies - as they say. I'm thinking I'll try and find someone to drive me back home especially as it is an hour drive away.

On a good note, my scars are doing 'amazingly well' and will fade to almost nothing. The nerves all healed well, there is still a possiblity I can breastfeed, and everything is just as I hoped. I am so happy I got this surgery done and as those who have seen me in the past 8 months, I'm one of the happiest little bunnies around. But I agree that there are the four spots that could be made even more perfect. So all he wants to do is just correct the ends of the incisions and a couple areas where the skin needs to be pulled a little smoother - oh, just typing that made me feel gorky. I'm soooo not driving.

But all in all, everything is just perfect and he's very happy. And I'm very happy.
xoxo
jenn

7 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

Okay, I will go ahead and ask the important question:

When it's all done, will there be pictures?

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

*wink wink* Well, after a bit of red wine...

3:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget pics--they're even better in person!

So when are we going to have a stalkers of costello_girl get-together? ;-)

Jim

3:47 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Heeee. Boobies.

9:14 p.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

Honestly Jen, I hope Dad isn't reading this.
Heehee.
*Squish*
-Leone

8:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woofing cookies? Do you mean throwing up? I've NEVER heard that one before! Must be a Canadian thing ;-)

I'm so glad everything's healed so well, and if you feel squeamish, get someone to drive you. Your doc is probably immune to squeamishness by now, but he probably felt squeamish while training ;-) I'd be like you- woozy (woosy? no- woozy). Hee- funny sounding word.

Hugs

Callie

3:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Absolom said...

I think everybody should glance at this.
Hamburger Soup

7:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home