Mugs, Massive Carrots, and Mom.
Well I must say, nothing beats waking up in the morning and NOT hurting when turning over. I mean, it was just like this overwhelming feeling of 'thank-freakin-gods'n-goddesses' *whew* A huge thank-you and hugs to all who left little notes and kind wishes. Just to let you know things are coming along very nicely.
Yeah yeah, still couldn't reach the mugs on the second shelf (ah-ha! but I can fwing one down with the wooden spoon - just be sure to catch it as it goes flying towards the kitchen floor) and I'm still being super-duper easy on myself. But all in all, this round is going to heal up quite quickly and I'm so so so glad about that.
I did make my sister do the heebie-jeebies dance by showing her the incisions (through the steri-strips that are currently making them water-proof)which almost make the whole ordeal worth it. She later mocked me about not being able to reach the cups, so I showed her that my feet still worked by kicking her until she called out to mom. Yeah I know, she's 25 and I'm 30... but some things never change, eh?
We had a good day today. Went out to visit with grandma and grandpa and left with canned tomatoes and nuclear-fed sized carrots from the garden (they were absolutely obscene, I tell you). After that Ju and I went to the sushi place mentioned in another post (then closed but this time open, thank goodness) and ordered their 'sushi party platter' - yes, we managed to eat the whole thing ourselves.
My two favoriet moments of the day:
-grandma making us both stand up when grandpa came in so he could see how amazing we looked. Julia and I have both lost somewhere in the 30-40lb mark this past summer. Grandma really got a kick out of that. Grandpa really wouldn't care, but humored her/us anyways. It was very sweet and funny.
-mom and I dropped Julia off at the airport. Mom makes Julia go through security and then get into the clear and wave to us. And wave. And wave. Then mom starts making the international signal for 'phone me' while yelling "phone me when you get home and you're okay! Phone me!" Julia starts making random non-signals with her hands - making mom repeat the above. I stand there and shake my head as the airport security woman considers taking us all into the backroom for strip-search, I'm sure. Then mom blows kisses, waves again and moves so I can do the same. I stand and look at Julia, lift my hand, give a single wave, she does the same, we both then just kinda look at each other, shrug and walk off.
But regardless, my mom is the cutest lady in the world. She's just too funny sometimes.
Well, I'm off to have tea with some friends and see their new baby.
xoxo
jenn
Yeah yeah, still couldn't reach the mugs on the second shelf (ah-ha! but I can fwing one down with the wooden spoon - just be sure to catch it as it goes flying towards the kitchen floor) and I'm still being super-duper easy on myself. But all in all, this round is going to heal up quite quickly and I'm so so so glad about that.
I did make my sister do the heebie-jeebies dance by showing her the incisions (through the steri-strips that are currently making them water-proof)which almost make the whole ordeal worth it. She later mocked me about not being able to reach the cups, so I showed her that my feet still worked by kicking her until she called out to mom. Yeah I know, she's 25 and I'm 30... but some things never change, eh?
We had a good day today. Went out to visit with grandma and grandpa and left with canned tomatoes and nuclear-fed sized carrots from the garden (they were absolutely obscene, I tell you). After that Ju and I went to the sushi place mentioned in another post (then closed but this time open, thank goodness) and ordered their 'sushi party platter' - yes, we managed to eat the whole thing ourselves.
My two favoriet moments of the day:
-grandma making us both stand up when grandpa came in so he could see how amazing we looked. Julia and I have both lost somewhere in the 30-40lb mark this past summer. Grandma really got a kick out of that. Grandpa really wouldn't care, but humored her/us anyways. It was very sweet and funny.
-mom and I dropped Julia off at the airport. Mom makes Julia go through security and then get into the clear and wave to us. And wave. And wave. Then mom starts making the international signal for 'phone me' while yelling "phone me when you get home and you're okay! Phone me!" Julia starts making random non-signals with her hands - making mom repeat the above. I stand there and shake my head as the airport security woman considers taking us all into the backroom for strip-search, I'm sure. Then mom blows kisses, waves again and moves so I can do the same. I stand and look at Julia, lift my hand, give a single wave, she does the same, we both then just kinda look at each other, shrug and walk off.
But regardless, my mom is the cutest lady in the world. She's just too funny sometimes.
Well, I'm off to have tea with some friends and see their new baby.
xoxo
jenn


7 Comments:
Ooh, new fiddling with your side panel!!
Now hang on one second and I'll find the hexadecimal code page I used to change colours (I got it form Tina's Blog)- if you don't want black, but want something to fit with your title, you can find colours you want- maybe navy blue and silver or something.
*wanders off to hunt*
http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html
There we go. Though I think in the past (when I had raspberry red/cream and the more recent forest green/cream), that I found a slightly better one- Google for "hexadecimal colour codes" or something.
Erm yeah- liking the new side bar!
And yep- things never really change with siblings. It is 50 kinds of fab that you are hurting less, and bonus points for the novel mug getting :-)
And good on grandma for showing both of you off (I just typed 'grandman' [crazy])
Callie (I commented as Helen to Leone- two names, one person)
Ohh, thanks for the colour help. I'm totally loving the sidebar expansion and want to add even more little notes. This is too much fun *grin*
I'll have to spend some more time on this later when I'm not worried about dad walking in half-way through wanting the computer. I know that would make my head explode, so I'll just wait until I know I'll have a good hour or so to play around with the template.
xoxo
jenn
oh.... Rebel Sells, *eyes widen* I've got that one on reserve at the library. So you liked cold mountain eh? Hm. Maybe I'll get that one. I've also decided to add Nick Horbys books onto my Christmas reading list. He's the guy who wrote High Fidelity, and as I found out last night, About a Boy. (sorry jen, I caved and watched it, but I'll watch it again with you. What else was I to do in my medicated induced stupor all weekend?)
Yeah, the authors from Rebel Sell were on CBC last week and they sounded neat. I was doing a bunch of stuff in the background so I didn't hear the whole show, but thought I'd give their book a look-see. How'd you hear about it?
I did like Cold Mountain. And I'll note here that the reason I gave Osama a thumbs down was because it was TOO FREAKEN DEPRESSING! I mean, I'm all for an awareness of women's struggles (as you all know) but jeez-louise that movie was a buzz-kill. Major.
My brother and I are notorious for wrestling/poking/tickling in public and other non-appropriate places. (I am 26, he is 19) Two years ago we accidentally poked a hole in the cane in mom's good couch and we were both grounded for the rest of the visit.
A big, loud yay for feeling better! There is no better feeling.
I should write gift cards. [wink]
okay the non-sensical signs i was throwing were attempts to use the few american sign language peices i have learned since working at an organisation for people who are deafblind.
and i was just trying to get mom to stop. i was the only person going through security, and they were all staring at me. they'd already 'swabbed' one of my bags, and i was a little nervous. not to mention the 10 minutes of mom talking about all of the things she has had confiscated by airport security while trying to take them through as carry-on. THESE ARE NOT THINGS YOU TALK ABOUT WHEN WAITING TO GO THROUGH SECURITY.
considering our mother worries everytime i attend a political event, it was ironic that she nearly created a situation where i was gonna have to show my wobbly bits to the bored kelowna airport security agents.
Post a Comment
<< Home