"Minor" Surgery - another icky advisory warning
Hmph. That's what I say to the 'minor' idea. So I'm home and all is well enough. The whole fun game took about an hour and a half and I found it more traumatic than I had anticipated. I've ended up with close to three inches of stitches under each arm and two other smaller spots on the inside of about half an inch each. Last night I was back to being unable to do much for myself, in a fair bit of pain (helloooo T3's with codine!), and having my sweet dad with Parkinson's finding me a blanket and covering me up on the couch as I couldn't get up to do it myself. I really didn't think I was getting into that situation again. I guess I let myself think it was less that it was going to be.
Massive Ick warning: this is my blog so I'm going to say what I need to say but Please, Please, Please don't read if you get squiggy tummy!
Being awake was the trauma. The freezing was not nice, but I could handle it. The two little spots were kinda horrid but much more what I was expecting. Quick and there it is and then the couple of stitches. Then came the more major side pieces - being awake while someone (even my kind wonderful sarcastic-funny and caring surgeon) cuts into you and then spends 30 minutes cutting away at you - NOT GOOD! And then he had to move on to the other side. Let me note again: he was so aware of me getting tense or needing more freezing so I'll sing his praises forever. But I don't know that I could do something like that again anytime soon.
A huge smooch to Jim for being there on the phone when I got home so I could have a little cry and get out all my upset. And then for the flowers later. You are a wonderful man.
I'm pretty much hanging out mellow today, and I'm already aware that this healing won't take too long. I'm drinking lots of good tea and my mom bought me these great pre-fab veggie/chicken/rice things that I can have without any cooking effort. My younger sister Julia arrives this afternoon after having business in Kelowna. She'll stay over night before heading back to Vancouver tomorrow so we'll get a nice visit in this evening.
Many smooches to all,
Jenn
Massive Ick warning: this is my blog so I'm going to say what I need to say but Please, Please, Please don't read if you get squiggy tummy!
Being awake was the trauma. The freezing was not nice, but I could handle it. The two little spots were kinda horrid but much more what I was expecting. Quick and there it is and then the couple of stitches. Then came the more major side pieces - being awake while someone (even my kind wonderful sarcastic-funny and caring surgeon) cuts into you and then spends 30 minutes cutting away at you - NOT GOOD! And then he had to move on to the other side. Let me note again: he was so aware of me getting tense or needing more freezing so I'll sing his praises forever. But I don't know that I could do something like that again anytime soon.
A huge smooch to Jim for being there on the phone when I got home so I could have a little cry and get out all my upset. And then for the flowers later. You are a wonderful man.
I'm pretty much hanging out mellow today, and I'm already aware that this healing won't take too long. I'm drinking lots of good tea and my mom bought me these great pre-fab veggie/chicken/rice things that I can have without any cooking effort. My younger sister Julia arrives this afternoon after having business in Kelowna. She'll stay over night before heading back to Vancouver tomorrow so we'll get a nice visit in this evening.
Many smooches to all,
Jenn


4 Comments:
I'm glad it's all over with now, and a big awwww for your family, especially your Dad, plus for Jim sending fallows and phoning.
I'll send transatlantic gentle hugs, and the promise of a letter, if I can prise my fingers away from the keyboard of my broadbanded laptop.
Smooches
Callie
Having a good surgeon is most of the battle done. Hopefully this one wins the war and you won't have to go in again.
Sending cookies and soup your way!
Awww, poor sweet baby. I wish I was there to brew you tea and cover you with blankies. [kisses]
I am quite squeamish about anything involving things that should be on the inside being on the outside. I have had my blood drawn way too many times this year, and I have learned to lay down for a few minutes after they're done. Much less dizziness and blacking out that way.
Post a Comment
<< Home