Do I need to think up titles for each entry???
I think both Peter and Jim could be right. I really could get into spending a whole lot of time on here fiddling around and posting random nothing. But at least it seems to be a bit more closely tied to journal writing than anything else and my supervisor has been very supportive of that idea.
So writing is weird. As some of you know, I hit a huge snag with my final big chapter. Chapter four is the whole 'what the hell is this thesis really about, anyway?' chapter. No pressure. Nope. So I read and read and wrote and wrote - 35 pages worth. But it was totally random and not at all DOING anything. So Jim very carefully suggested I work on a revised outline as my old one kinda went out the window once I got into the work. Smart boy. I just finished this uber 5 page outline with amazing detail and logical progression throughout the chapter. It ties in all my previous theory work and historical considerations. I had the BIG meeting with the supervisor on Wednesday afternoon.
She loved it.
She thought it was super-nifty, way to go, good job girl, just write to follow this, rah-rah-rah!
And I flew from her office all inspired and my brain started firing up and I wrote!
And I haven't written since then. But my desk is organized, I have new curtains in my room, and I made some really good soup.
My mom arrives today for thanksgiving weekend. I'll be hanging out with her for the next couple of days and then I'm heading back down south with her for a week to visit some family and have a follow up with my surgeon dude. I think that is his real name. Everything is fine, just the standard follow up.
*wave*
So writing is weird. As some of you know, I hit a huge snag with my final big chapter. Chapter four is the whole 'what the hell is this thesis really about, anyway?' chapter. No pressure. Nope. So I read and read and wrote and wrote - 35 pages worth. But it was totally random and not at all DOING anything. So Jim very carefully suggested I work on a revised outline as my old one kinda went out the window once I got into the work. Smart boy. I just finished this uber 5 page outline with amazing detail and logical progression throughout the chapter. It ties in all my previous theory work and historical considerations. I had the BIG meeting with the supervisor on Wednesday afternoon.
She loved it.
She thought it was super-nifty, way to go, good job girl, just write to follow this, rah-rah-rah!
And I flew from her office all inspired and my brain started firing up and I wrote!
And I haven't written since then. But my desk is organized, I have new curtains in my room, and I made some really good soup.
My mom arrives today for thanksgiving weekend. I'll be hanging out with her for the next couple of days and then I'm heading back down south with her for a week to visit some family and have a follow up with my surgeon dude. I think that is his real name. Everything is fine, just the standard follow up.
*wave*


6 Comments:
The thesis plan sounds fantastic then!
I forget what I meant to say in here, this starting cold's zapped all my memory.
I'll leave it at hugs and go thesis-writing!!
Oh and no, you don't have to title every entry- I forgot to title one the other day.
Callie
Mmmmmm. Soup.
what???
going south???
jesus... are you coming to visit me? dude, i'm not giving up my yoga room for ya
meh heh
Dear God I'm bad at these things. For some reason I cannot seem to log into this so I'm glad I opened it up to anonymous comments *doh*
Umm, Ju - I'm going to mom and dad's. Cause mom is here this weekend so I'll get a ride down to their place with her on monday. Your yoga room is safe.
For now.
[/Cue Evil laugh here]
Mmmm, Allison should come and visit me and I'll give her soup!
Yay! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
One day, you too shall be made to distinguish said holiday in such a manner... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home