Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Play Along At HOME!

(quick disclaimer before people get too excited - this is stage one of three. Again: 1 of 3)

Okay, my new game is located here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times/process-in.html#perm_res

And you can play along as well! Our section is under Sponsorship Applications (second table). Our application was delivered (according to the tracking number I stalked for two days) the morning of October 19th, 2006. The link given above is now stating they're working on applications they got on September 18th.

THIS IS VERY EXCITING!

Now, probably not as exciting to the casual observer - but Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday the date they were working on was SEPTEMBER 12! Of course, I didn't really expect the date to change over the weekend - but I kept watch anyway.

And yes, from the 12th to the 16th there is a weekend - BUT NO 13! Maybe they didn't get any that day! That could happen again in the future. We don't know unless we watch!

So the magic number we're watching for is October 19th - that is our day! This will get us approved to move on to Step Two. From what I've read, you can hear back from them with a decision the day they open it. This would mean they have approved me to even APPLY to sponsor Jim and they've sent the entire package to Buffalo for actual real life processing! (Step Two)

Step Two is a kick in the pants. And not the good kind. Potentially quite long. But I don't care right now - we're doing Step One and it is FUN!


You all don't want to know how excited I was to see that number move. It was like "ohmygod, there are actual people over there doing stuff and they updated the number!"

7 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

So, do you guys have the option of allowing new spouse to stay in Canada while the application is being processed? Because that would be a good thing.

3:53 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Squeee!

6:35 p.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm thinking that because of the delay between updates they only remember to change the number every few days, but it is very exciting to see that they're making progress.

I hope they get to yours soon!

7:14 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, the suspense! I don't know if I'd prefer to know or not know the status. I don't have a lot of patience. At least you have the option!

7:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

Watching your progress - don't you just love the Internet!!

8:29 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Yay for step one! Y'know, Mississauga isn't far from the Guelph area. You want I should go glare at someone if they take too long?

9:46 a.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Oh Yippie!

1:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home