All's Quiet...
The house was very quiet this morning. There was no Jim making breakfast and scolding the kitties (any kitchen time is kitty preparation food time in their minds). I ate my breakfast while making my lunch. Again, no Jim chit-chat.
So I put CBC on for the first time in months. I had thought at one time that it was weird Jim and I didn't listen to CBC more often as it tends to be a standard sound in the house. But this morning I realised that Jim and I tend to talk a fair bit so the radio wouldn't really be necessary. But not it is - so there we go.
In other news, I'm thinking of taking a graduate class.
Why? Why not.
I dunno. I can't figure out if I want to do my PhD. But I just feel weird thinking I'm done school. I haven't won yet. Isn't the PhD the moment you've won the game? Like in Civ you can win the arms race or the world domination or achieve world peace or something. In education you are done when you finish the PhD, right?
Anyhoo, I don't get the tuition waiver yet as an employee (comes later with perm position) but I was still thinking I'd benefit from one of the graduate level education courses. They have a couple in career counselling, Qualitative Analysis in Education, or the like.
Sometimes I worry I won't ever just hang out at one spot and enjoy. But I think movement feels more natural to me...
Or at least the illusion of movement. I can live with that.
So I put CBC on for the first time in months. I had thought at one time that it was weird Jim and I didn't listen to CBC more often as it tends to be a standard sound in the house. But this morning I realised that Jim and I tend to talk a fair bit so the radio wouldn't really be necessary. But not it is - so there we go.
In other news, I'm thinking of taking a graduate class.
Why? Why not.
I dunno. I can't figure out if I want to do my PhD. But I just feel weird thinking I'm done school. I haven't won yet. Isn't the PhD the moment you've won the game? Like in Civ you can win the arms race or the world domination or achieve world peace or something. In education you are done when you finish the PhD, right?
Anyhoo, I don't get the tuition waiver yet as an employee (comes later with perm position) but I was still thinking I'd benefit from one of the graduate level education courses. They have a couple in career counselling, Qualitative Analysis in Education, or the like.
Sometimes I worry I won't ever just hang out at one spot and enjoy. But I think movement feels more natural to me...
Or at least the illusion of movement. I can live with that.


1 Comments:
Movement, or the illusion thereof, is a good thing. I can completely understand where you're coming from.
Everything else would be boring anyway, right?
Post a Comment
<< Home