Road Trip
Edited to add two more photos after feedback from Leone.
Saturday morning. Sun shining. (For the first time in days upon days.)
Jenn: wanna go somewhere?
Jim: sure.
Jenn: Jasper/Mount Robson?
Jim: sounds great.
Two showers, few things in bags, fill up gas tank, and we were off.

Drove through a beautiful storm in the foothills to the Rockies.

Had cake and chai two hours later in McBride at the train station cafe.

Found a cabin to stay in at the base of Mount Robson.


Drove the further hour to Japer for dinner. Must eat steak in Alberta.

Morning outside our cabin.

Got up this morning and hiked four hours of the Berg Lake Trail in Mount Robson Park.


Beautiful water!

And then it was time to head home.

Yes, we were in the car.

And we are now home.
Saturday morning. Sun shining. (For the first time in days upon days.)
Jenn: wanna go somewhere?
Jim: sure.
Jenn: Jasper/Mount Robson?
Jim: sounds great.
Two showers, few things in bags, fill up gas tank, and we were off.

Drove through a beautiful storm in the foothills to the Rockies.

Had cake and chai two hours later in McBride at the train station cafe.

Found a cabin to stay in at the base of Mount Robson.


Drove the further hour to Japer for dinner. Must eat steak in Alberta.

Morning outside our cabin.

Got up this morning and hiked four hours of the Berg Lake Trail in Mount Robson Park.


Beautiful water!

And then it was time to head home.

Yes, we were in the car.

And we are now home.


12 Comments:
This entry makes me so happy! And the photos are amazing.
um... you left out some of the stuff between 'Jim: sounds great.... ...and we were off'.
Jenn gets online, looks up mapquest, makes a phone call to someone who has driven there, looks online again
But hey, if this isn't what a little sister comments on, I don't know what is.
Booooootiful photos.
What a beautiful, peaceful place. How lucky to be within driving distance of something so gorgeous. /jealous
It looks wonderful!!
What a fabulous weekend, even more so because it was spontaneous. And the fact that such gorgeous scenery is within a weekend's driving distance? Very jealous.
Very jealous, those are beautiful photos!
OMG that is so freaking fabulous. Good for you guys! Looks amazingly beautiful and I'm glad that Jim got to see bears.
Flesh and blood bears!!!! You saw flesh and blood bears!!!
Not to mention unbelievably beautiful scenery. *sigh* I miss mountains.
Dying of jealousy. DYING.
I spent the weekend around the corner from Jim's apartment. But...no Jim. Nooooo. Jim and Jenn were in the beautiful, utterly breathtaking, even in pictures, mountains.
I am eating my heart out.
What superb photos. And yay for spontaneity!
I'm suddenly hit with a huge wave of homesickness. I miss mountains and beautiful natural spaces. Gorgeous pictures!
Wow, I am so totally and utterly jealous!
It looks absolutely perfect.
Wow!
Post a Comment
<< Home