Thursday, September 07, 2006

This Post Dedicated to Nerdgirl (Kim)

Jim bought a bike and pretty much rides every day.

I go to yoga 2-3 times a week.

We go to the track together.

We're hiking on the weekends.

We're doing the 5K round trip killer uni hill about once a week.

We just played our second go at Racquetball and got a month membership so we can play 1-2 times per week.

On tuesday we did a really awesome walk/run combo at the track. It is 400-450m around the track once. We were walking one, running one back and forth. We even went wild and ran two in a row for kicks. We did 5K total.

Who are we and what the hell has happened to us?

(To keep it real, though, we did go for burgers last night.)

;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww!!!! That's very very cool! I bet your asses are extremely FIRM (TM). It really is a lot easier to exercise (and have it be fun) when you share it with someone. I realise that every time Marc's on a business trip (plus I have no sense of direction, so would probably get horrifying lost on any bike ride except our normal one).

I'm deeply envious. I've been stressing so damn much over this grant proposal that probably won't get in on time and this new course I'm teaching that I'm going to totally suck at and the fact that I'm out of money for research (never mind stupid tenure crap) that I haven't been exercising as much as I want. It's a bit of a vicious circle. I feel stressed and sorry for myself so I don't go out, but by not going out, I get more stressed. Ack!

I am at least still doing dragonboat practice once a week and biking to work. But I really want to be out cycling. Or hiking!

Man, I miss summer.

I'm also envious of your job! This completely self-directed business is great, but sometimes it leads to unhealthy procrastination. Not good.

In a week, it will be better. That's my grant deadline. So whether I make it or I don't, I'll have a titch more time. One more week.

5:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High five!!!!!! You totally ROCK!

8:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Damon said...

Quite effective info, thank you for the post.
here

12:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home