Life, Airplanes, Office, and Granola Bars
Need to blog more!
But too much going on to have time to blog. For real. Sheesh, how annoying!
The most exciting news is that Jim surprised me with an email saying he had changed his NYC return ticket from early September to later in October! I have him here for another five weeks longer than I had planned.
It made me cry. (the happy cry)
My new office is not ready yet. Something about where the other guy has to move to and facilities and then my office needing a new sprinker.
I offered to take a spray bottle in with me and monitor it myself, but no. So I have one more week sqatting in my old office. Which I don't mind at all, but delays the putting up of wall hangings and buying of plants. Knowing I have another week and knowing I'll not get time to settle before the insanity of first week of classes, I'm prepping my audit sheets and files best I can from my old office. I really like my new job. It was a very stressful week with two major issues for students coming up, but I solved them both in favor of the students. I got thankful phone calls, emails, and a hug. I felt really good about what got done.
But exhausted.
And coupled with some other unrelated job/career stress [let's just say a dream job being offered... wrapped in the craziest conditions that pretty much made it untakable - but close enough (and dream job enough) that I really really had a tough decision] it led to my right shoulder migrating up to live by my right ear. I couldn't look over my left shoulder due to my neck being so tight. Jim was kind enough to work out some knots for me, and I'm taking some good drugs. Should be better soon as I've made the decision.
Finally, bought some awesome groceries today. I've gone ahead and embraced some pre-fab type foods. Not my usual style, but I had bought a couple things at work lately (boo!) so decided time to work a few easy lunch options into the mix. Yep. Granola bars and little unsweetened applesauces.
Living life on the edge.
xoxo
jenn
But too much going on to have time to blog. For real. Sheesh, how annoying!
The most exciting news is that Jim surprised me with an email saying he had changed his NYC return ticket from early September to later in October! I have him here for another five weeks longer than I had planned.
It made me cry. (the happy cry)
My new office is not ready yet. Something about where the other guy has to move to and facilities and then my office needing a new sprinker.
I offered to take a spray bottle in with me and monitor it myself, but no. So I have one more week sqatting in my old office. Which I don't mind at all, but delays the putting up of wall hangings and buying of plants. Knowing I have another week and knowing I'll not get time to settle before the insanity of first week of classes, I'm prepping my audit sheets and files best I can from my old office. I really like my new job. It was a very stressful week with two major issues for students coming up, but I solved them both in favor of the students. I got thankful phone calls, emails, and a hug. I felt really good about what got done.
But exhausted.
And coupled with some other unrelated job/career stress [let's just say a dream job being offered... wrapped in the craziest conditions that pretty much made it untakable - but close enough (and dream job enough) that I really really had a tough decision] it led to my right shoulder migrating up to live by my right ear. I couldn't look over my left shoulder due to my neck being so tight. Jim was kind enough to work out some knots for me, and I'm taking some good drugs. Should be better soon as I've made the decision.
Finally, bought some awesome groceries today. I've gone ahead and embraced some pre-fab type foods. Not my usual style, but I had bought a couple things at work lately (boo!) so decided time to work a few easy lunch options into the mix. Yep. Granola bars and little unsweetened applesauces.
Living life on the edge.
xoxo
jenn


4 Comments:
Jim surprised me with an email saying he had changed his NYC return ticket from early September to later in October! I have him here for another five weeks longer than I had planned.
It made me cry. (the happy cry)
I really like my new job. It was a very stressful week with two major issues for students coming up, but I solved them both in favor of the students. I got thankful phone calls, emails, and a hug. I felt really good about what got done.
Yay and double yay. Both excellent stuff.
I'm glad you're liking your new job, and I'm so happy for you that you get a Jim for five more weeks! And he gets a Jenn! How great is that?
Unsweetened apple sauce?! You are practically OVER the edge!
Enjoying the job and extra time with your hubby? Sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home