Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Thanks to everyone!

I really appreciate the comments regarding the landlord fiasco. I reread them because they make me laugh my evil laugh and realise I don't care quite so much.

Past three days I'm marking papers like a mad woman (final exam is tonight and I'll had papers back then) . Final exam is completed and ready to give out 6pm this evening. After that, I'll have a couple days to mark the exams and get final grades into the office.

And then the class is done!

I shall be so very very lazy on my weekends and evenings!

In other news, since getting over that silly cough that hung about for the extra week after the cold - I've been to the gym three times since Friday and went golfing on Saturday. I like golfing. It was fun and funny.

Conversation between myself and the real golfer on our team regarding my technique:
Him: "if you hit the ball, don't worry - it will, um go. Trust me... They are built to go, so..."
Me: "So stop trying to KILL the golfball?"
Him: "Yes. Please."
Me: "So I don't need to smack it as hard as I can? I can think about just making good contact and keeping it on the fairway?"
Him: "Yes."
Me: "So I can stop with the missing it completely and almost knocking myself unconscious with the golf club? And stop firing the ball at ninety-million miles an hour into the nearest tree where it then rebounds back at us like a sick frantic army-military exercise?"
Him: "Yes."

Me: "... for what it's worth, I'm more used to baseball."





Hee.

5 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

We are so totally going to play golf next time we get together.

ROFL!!

7:43 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

That sounds like it was a damned good time.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

No, no! Smack the golf ball! Smack the golf ball!

*much laughing of Bears*

11:52 a.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Ahhh ha ha ha, I didn't know you and I had that in common too! In high school they called me Melly the headhunter because I was dangerous with hockey sticks and golf clubs. It just sounds like so much fun, I wish I could've seen you.

Sorry about your stupid stupid landlord; there's a special hell for sexist stupid landlords you know, they get to live with all of our broken shit forever and ever. It'll be like a maze they'll get out of one hellish suite only to find another with different broken shit.

9:59 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Behold! Why I will never play golf. I ain't got the patience.

1:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home