Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Amazon.ca

They have fixed it - but my worst fear about online and gift certificates and money and what not have come true.

They lost $50 from my account...

After a horrid evening of freaking out and sending them emails, they replied today.

It has been fixed - but I'm still not feeling stellar about the whole thing. And they don't know why it happened.

And she tried to reassure me that their system always had the $50 ($49.05 if you are keeping track of such things). And that no matter what, they would take care of it.

But I pointed out that if I hadn't noticed and contacted them, I would have lost that money. It is only because I'm anal and write down these amounts that I knew things were wrong (I had deposited close to $150 over the past few months due to birthdays and presents of amazon gift certificates). If I didn't track these things, I might just think that I had spent more than I remembered. She didn't have much to offer for that.

So the account is fixed - but they had to give me $25 in promotional because one of my gc just refused to show on my account.

And I'm having to reconsider the whole gift certificate/amazon thing. Blah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dogeared said...

I'm anal about a lot of things, but money and accounts like Amazon etc, I'm not.

Good job you noticed. Mum had been feeling burnt by AmazonUK's bad delivery of her first mp3 player (in fairness, the problem lay with ParcelForce, who Amazon used to deliver the problem). It got resolved, after Mum pushed it. Then when the player later had an error, AmazonUK really impressed Mum, by taking it back, arranging a refund, and accepting the charger, which she'd bought separately (they no longer sell them with the player, and as she went and bought another brand player elsewhere, she no longer needed the Creative charger).

Shame they didn't give you some credit for the hassle, worry and inconvenience you've had.

11:10 a.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

That sounds stoopid. We're glad you got it worked out. We thought Amoozon was supposed to be fun, not painfoo.

Have you considered investing your online money in caaaandy?

OK Bye
Calliope

8:52 p.m.  
Anonymous William said...

Goodness, there is a lot of worthwhile info above!
Toronto home | Watertown NY | foods with calcium

7:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home