Thursday, March 09, 2006

The official pity post

Here it is. It has been building. It is the pity post.

I just don't know how I'm going to get it all done. Tonight I got the new suitcase (I told you my suitcase got broke right?) and got some nice new eyeshadow.

Which has now freaked me out. I got the good stuff. A duo and a single for accent. And now I'm freaked that was way too much money to spend on eyeshadow.. no, let me rephrase - IT WAS. Full stop. But I did it anyway because I wanted something nice and special for my wedding make-up as I am going to do it myself. The woman is going to give me a free make-over tomorrow night (no time tonight) so I can see how to best apply it.

After various running arounds, I got home tonight at 10:10pm. I work all day tomorrow. I still haven't started packing and it is 10:26pm. I think I need to do laundry. I haven't eaten dinner yet. I leave saturday night for Vancouver. And I just keep thinking that by saturday night I need to have gathered everything I need to gather.

Oh, and I need to write up my syllabus for my Spring session course before I go.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point.

If anyone is in the mood to come and pack my suitcase tomorrow while I'm at work.. or do my laundry.. or my syllabus?

And I know there is a limited amount of boohooing allowed when flying off to Costa Rica to get married, but I do believe you all understand I'm feeling a bit frazzled at this particular moment.

*frazzle*


I really hope that by tomorrow evening I'll feel a bit more in control of this randomness I'm feeling right now. I think I'll try and do a preliminary packing tonight so I might just feel that is becoming more done.

xoxoxo
j.

12 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

Limited? I think you misread the memo. You are allowed extra boohooing when leaving the country to get married. Hello?! This is really, really important.

My only suggestion is to say "Fuck the syallabus," but I don't know how practical that is.

But I KNOW you can do this, even if I don't know how.

10:57 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

hey lady

first off, it's a women's studies course no? so just write a one page information sheet and then 'create as a collective' the learning path for everyone to follow.

and besides that, shit, i spent 15 dollars on hand cream the other day. sometimes you just have to get the best. and i did. elizabeth arden. so there.

have an awesome wedding honey, i want to hear all about it. otherwise i don't buy you the somewhat obscene imported from kenya woodcarving that i saw a tthe market in january..

11:52 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

First of all, don't even think about the money you spent on the eyeshadow. It's for your wedding, for crying out loud. If there's any time in your life that you can feel justified in splurging on makeup, it's now.

Do you have to get the syllabus done before you leave? Is there any way you could do it while travelling and email it in?

Finally, it'll all work out. It always does. The packing will get done, the laundry will get done, the syllabus will get done. Next thing you know you'll be on your way to Costa Rica. Then, you'll be married! Oh my god!

1:08 a.m.  
Blogger CosmicAvatar said...

My three gems of Pointless Wisdom:

1) Sod the cost of the eyeshadow. It's your wedding, so no guilt.

2) Prioritize. If you can get it all done, brilliant (and this can still happen!), but if not, you know you'll have got the essentials out of the way. The rest will have to wait.

3) Get through it any way that suits you. If that involves boo-hooing, bring it on. Then forget about it and just enjoy your day.

Ta-daa!

2:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like what you need is a big comforting hug. You'll get many of those, very shortly. I'd offer, but,
a) I'm far away and
b) I'm not a pretty pretty prince.

This is the last haul. Deprive yourself of sleep, do what has to be done, and have a big weepfest on the plane. Apparently tears are filled with stress hormones, so when you cry, you really are cleansing your system. Then you'll be all refreshed and ready for THE most romantic wedding/honeymoon ever. And it will all be worth it.

[heart] and [chocolate]

6:33 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

I have very little to add to the words of all the incredibly wise women who have gone before me. Except to offer hugs and kisses, albeit virtually.

And to tell you that I have face cream that costs $75 for 1.7 oz.

8:39 a.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

All right, we went over this last night but we'll do it again.

1) the eyeshadow you can wear for ever and ever, not just your wedding, and the difference between cheap eyeshadow and expensive eyeshadow is extremely noticable and you'll get lots of compliments. And you don't have a colour scheme like that already and those are all sparkly too

2)you got lots of packing done last night in your spiffy new suitcase and your laundry will be dry (or a 15 minutes in the dryer) by the time you get home so you can pack the rest; don't forget about your pyjamas. And all your important stuff is in your people purse so you won't forget it.

3)you won't forget your dress

4)you already know what you are doing for your course, it just has to be finalized and it looks amazing and wonderfully interesting and you are the prof so you get to do whatever you want

5)I'll make chicken curry tonight! yum yum!

See! You can do this! And the kitties are just so much help too, what with attacking your curtains and sneaking into your closet and all! Just breathe! Breathe!

9:40 a.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

You will do this. I know you will. Everyone else has given great advice and said everything I'd want to say.

Breathe. I know it sounds obvious, but I mean really breathe- like yoga breathing. Close your eyes, relax your body and pick one job to start. Don't let anything get in your way until that is done. If it means taking the phone of the hook and shutting the kitties out of the bedroom while you pack, DO that. You managed a thesis, so this is small change compared to that!

Pack while food is cooking. Mentally write your syllabus while having a shower- but remember peanut (hee, not said that in a while!) that you can do this. Remember your reward is a beautiful wedding to the man you love in Costa Rica. If that's not a reward then I have no frickin' clue what is!

[hugs and kisses]

11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

I think I need a Leone. Can I borrow her when you're done with her?

12:16 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Everybody else said it so well...

I just want to add, forget the fucking pajamas. A) Are you really going to need them? And B) if so, you can buy them there.

And I, too, have $75 face cream. But it also has sunblock and keeps me looking young. ish. kinda.

And, in case I don't get to tell you later...

Happy, happy wedding. I love you. I love Jim. I'm so glad that you are going to have a beautiful wedding in C.R. and I wish I could be there.

Big hugs and kisses.

Liz

4:56 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

It will all work out. It always does.

[hugs]

7:03 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

I agree, screw the cost of the eyeshadow. It's your WEDDING. And you will get done everything you need to do.




Mgan's betting married!!!!!



Squeeeeeeee!!!



*kisses

7:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home