Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Weird Job

So very very weird. I don't get to surf the web. Not due to any restrictions, I just don't have time! I don't have time to visit the BG, blog, bride websites, etc!

It is really strange. I do stuff all day long. All week I have taken my thank-you notes to school to try and get them done on one of my breaks (as I seem to keep doing this whole "sleeping" thing once I get home at night after talking to Jim). I have not yet had the chance to get them even started!

And the thank-you notes are for the presents I got at my Shag Party! How sweet was that? I really am amazed at this whole getting presents thing. I don't know why, I just am. I got a Lush gift box, a Stagette Board Game (that we played that night with the group), a pottery sushi plate with four soya sauce dishes, a gift card for this cool kitchen store, a gift card for The Bay, and a set of four beautiful wine glasses.

The food. Oh the food! Cheeses and meatballs and flatbread (no yeast!) and fruit and homemade dim sum - oh my!



On the wedding front, dress is in my closet. Picked it up today from the shop where she did the bustle. Hair is booked, photographer, cake, dinner, all seems good. Jim picked up the rings and we're printing off all our confirmations and quotes. I need to get some new make-up (tomorrow night?) and pack. I think this is about it now. I have two evenings left here in town and then some time on Saturday. Each night this week I've managed to take care of at least one item, so it is starting to pay off in the reduced size of my list.

Although last night I found out my suitcase is broken from my last trip. Bummer. I hope to stop off at the Bay tomorrow and find a new one the right size. The ones I have left here are the tiny kind that won't quite work. I need one medium bag to check (trying to take minimal stuff with me) and then my dress is my one and only carry-on. That is a little *eep* as I might just have to put it into the overhead bins, but I'll try and sweet talk it into the Flight Attendant closet.

Cross your fingers for me!

xoxo to all,
Jenn

8 Comments:

Blogger Yonners said...

Well, you have been crazy busy productive working out girl so you deserve a wedding in costa rica! Wheeeee!

8:06 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

ohmigod!

i totally can't believe you are getting married soon! *insert squeal here*

i'm very excited for you - and it's good to have a job you keep busy at too. but the wedding is much more exciting for me.

anyway, have a great time, i want lots of photos, and possibly even a present (i know i'm supposed to get you one, but meh, i'm in sudan. i don't have to make sense)

8:41 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Oh my! It's almost here!

I will not insert any snarky comments about the job, because, not only do I respect the fact you actually like it :-), but I know you need lots of money to pay for a fabulous wedding and honeymoon.

Which I know you will have and I wish I could attend. The wedding, not the honeymoon.

You better find a computer at the resort so we can squeal over pictures immediately, otherwise, there may be riots here in Canadia.

Wait, that's putting more pressure on you , isn't it? Okay, forget about the riots. After all, we're Canadian. We're too polite to riot.

[hugs and kisses]

10:10 p.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Well yay for a job which gives you things to do (rather then sitting bored). It was only silly because it stopped you from having time to yourself during the day and we missed you [hug].

I'm sure that the flight attendents would put the dress in their closet, I mean you're flying to Costa Rica to get MARRIED, who would refuse that request? If they do, then they are poopyheads.

And I'm in the "can't wait for photos" group, I can't believe you're wedding is almost here! I'll be thinking of you both on the day [kisses]

5:08 a.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

OMG it's so soon! I'm so excited for you and I'll be thinking of you and Jim on the big day.

6:53 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

I hear you on the job front - On the wedding front - sorry I couldn't be there for your Shag party!! Sounds like you had a blast! I can't believe that the big day is fast approaching- wheeeee
Big hugs!

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Five days! Woohoo!

I second Allison on the desire for photos, but the promise to be polite and not riot.


I also second Helen on the sentiment that if you aren't allowed to hang your dress, the flight staff are poopyheads.


I'm so excited for you!

12:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Todd said...

Pretty effective data, thank you for this post.
white water rafting gatlinburg | mood stabilizers for bipolar disorder | hotels downtown nashville tn

3:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home