Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Man, I've been waiting to post this FOREVER!

It is now official. Real real official.

Finally!

I would like to announce that the contracts have been signed, faxed, signed and faxed.

I have a new job!

Starting Monday I will be a real employee at my uni. Full time! (If we want to get into the nitty-gritty it only runs until the end of July – but I’ll make more in those five months than the next year at my current job.)

I am an academic advisor – putting to use my years as an eldest sister telling people what to do with their lives!

This is a wonderful first step towards a goal I’ve had to get full-time work in the uni (unionized) with benefits and all the fixins! And I’ll also be able to access the first round of competitions for any further internal postings!

I’m so very very excited!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh - advise me, baby!

3:03 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Hooray!

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Whooooooo!

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

Yay!! That sounds like the perfect job for you sweetie. As someone who seeks your advice whenever life gets tough or weird, I know how skilled and intuitive you are in that area. You so deserve this. I know you'll be the most amazing academic advisor ever. Congratulations :)

6:17 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ooh! Congrats!

[clap]

7:05 p.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

I approve of this. When you come home, I shall share my tuna with you in celebration.

9:57 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

That's outstanding!! And... it's got all the trimmings, to boot.

Sweet.

Congratulations!!

12:50 a.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

Wheeeeeeeeee for Jenn! As a celebration, let's go for sushi! I'll eat some here at the same time you eat some there, we'll have to plan this perfectly, maybe I'll have some for lunch while you have it for dinner, or maybe I'll have some for dinner and that would just be a good excuse for you to have some in the middle of the night! Wheeeeeee! I'm very, very proud of you!

9:34 a.m.  
Blogger CosmicAvatar said...

Huzzah! All good things...

3:04 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Congrats! All those lucky college kids, getting you as an advisor...

7:14 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

So I'm thinking you'll want to come visit after the baby comes - but before would be OK too. Or both! In fact, if you just tell me when to be at the airport with at least 40 minutes warning, it'll be fine.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Very good, 40 minutes! Got it!

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

A big kudoos to you!! YEAH!!!!

11:49 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Yay! (Sorry I'm late, I was on vacation last week.)


Go team you!

12:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Raphael said...

So, I don't really believe it may have success.
photo collage generator | weekend getaways | Destin Florida weather

9:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home