Friday, January 06, 2006

In a nice compromise of friday night slacker meets frugal healthy eater..

I'm making wild rice/white rice and veggies (peas, baby corn, carrots) in MY NEW DOUBLE STACKING STEAMER!!! while waiting for the lemon chicken and spicy tofu to arrive from the chinese restaurant.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Oh yum! There's nothing I don't like about this post. [drool]

6:17 p.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Nice reasoning! Plus, minimal cooking for you!

1:39 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Ooh, new cooking toys!

2:45 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

And healthy too.

5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

I'm seriously hungry now.

There's a shocker.

5:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it those bamboo steamers? Those are fun. Here's a recipe!

Line the steamer with parchment paper. Pile some tasty greens on top (e.g. spinach, bok choy, guy larn - whatever). Put a nice fish fillet on top of that (cod, haddock, whatever). Add flavourings of your choice (lime leaves and lemon grass, or sage and pepper, whatever). Steam it for a few minutes. Dinner! Nice with rice or noodles.

5:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home