Thursday, December 29, 2005

Travel Jitters

I hate them. This ongoing worry all day that we won't get seats together or.. or.. what? I don't know exactly what I'm jittery about, but I do know I'm fine once I get on the bus/through security at the airport/into the car (whichever it is that means I'm officially just travelling and no longer just waiting to travel).

I have another blog entry I've not managed to finish with gifts and christmas stuff. I'll do when I'm home. Right now I'm worrying about how to pack my cheese sammich for the bus.


*rolleyes*


xoxo

jenn

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Barth said...

Speaking of which the train ride home from Ottawa reminded me of our journeys in Europe and the "train trauma" we experienced there. First, Amber found out that she'd thrown away her return ticket because she hadn't realized both tickets were on the same pass. She had to buy a new ticket. So she ended up paying for the same seat twice. If she wants to fight it she has to write them a letter, include both receipts, and pay $50 to get them to look at it (the ticket was $73).

I, on the other hand, had my ticket right up to the point where the conductor asked for it. Then it must have entered the train twilight zone and was never seen again. Luckily, the guy took pity on me and let me just show him my receipt. I think he was being nice because of Christmas. Or maybe he thought I was cute. Either way, I felt really lucky not to have to buy another ticket like Amber.

I hope your journey is less traumatic. The train ride itself was quite pleasant and I highly recommend it as a mode of transportation if you can keep track of your tickets.

OK, time for sleep.

xoxo
Laura

7:30 p.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Well I hope you made it home safely and didn't end up sitting close to a farter, a red-neck talker, a nail clipper or any other form of weirdo that is commonly found on the proletariat chariot. Plus I hope you got to see the Northern Lights, I've seen them a few times on the night bus.

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Have a good, safe trip!

9:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe journey!

And I know what you eman about the jitters. I do.

Callie

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

We got your voicemoo! Glad you are home safely.

*many Bear hugs*

OK Bye
Stompy

1:31 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

The only travel jitter I get, which is EVERY time I travel... is that I'm going to forget something important.

And, I almost always do. Go Team Meg!

In any case, may the road rise to meet you... and all that good stuff ;]

3:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home