Sunday, December 18, 2005

Heading Home

I'm really looking forward to heading out. I'm excited about seeing everyone and having that time with mom and dad and grandma and grandpa. My sisters will arrive a little later. I'm looking forward to watching some DVDs, eating way too much, and some card games and drinks.

And I'm glad I'm taking the bus this year. The drive is long enough regardless - summertime it is about 7hrs. Winter roads? upwards of 9hrs driving. White knuckles the whole way.

Forget that. This year I'm settling in for a 10hr bus ride with my mp3 player, my laptop, and the notion of just relaxing and letting someone else watch the road. There is something very nice about that idea. And honestly, it is not all that much more money than the gas cost. So, good enough! I hope to head out tuesday or wednesday - depends on my possible job interview.



In other news I've been to the gym four times this past week and done pilates/weights twice. And thank god I've done that because I've also kept up a marathon of dark chocolate consumption. WHAT AM I DOING? mmmm, chocolate...

You know those commercials where the guy is offered something yummy to eat and he does sit ups or the thigh master or something before/after he eats them. It is supposed to me mocking that idea - but I'm thinking I need to go that route. Hee.

xoxo
jenn

5 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

Whenever I go home for Christmas, I get the song Driving Home for Christmas in my head, despite the fact that I can't drive and have always got the train or the plane.

This year, I'm training it up and I'm quite happy about that. It's so much more relaxing than getting the plane. You just find your seat and plonk yourself down for the duration. When you fly, there's the whole, getting to the airport, then checking in, then hanging around waiting for your flight, then the flight, then getting your bags, then getting home from the airport. Such a hassle. And the train is only 4 and half hours, which is only about half an hour longer than flying would take in total (including getting to and from the airports). Plus, I'm training it first class no less!

Eee! I'm going home for Christmas soon!

3:21 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

I now know how you feel about heading home for the holidays!! I do not feel the same way about "the shaker" as you do, but it is nice to have someone else do the driving. For us though 2 dogs and a cat and a toddler is a bit much to take on the bus!
Hope to see you over the holidays!
*hug*

8:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done coach (cramped), train (either space, or cramped, often with kids around) and flying too. First class train was nice- I'd bought 2 singles instead of a double, and by accident (through not lookin gat the type of ticket, only the cost), had booked first class home! I only realised whenI followed my ticket seat number, to the first class carriage!

Good luck, and I can send you some new mp3s, if you want some extra variety :-)

Callie

1:39 p.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Maybe I should get a driver's license then I would know what a luxury the bus is. What do you think? I've never heard someone speak so nicely of the looser cruiser before.

Sounds like you'll have a nice break.

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

*Bear hugs and kisses*
Stompy, Jim and all the Bears

3:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home