Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Stupid Opera

So I've taken to listening to my MP3 player while at work (as there is nobody else in the office and I get bored and lonely otherwise). I've been making my way through the various "folders" of music - popcrap, dance, folk, sarah harmer, ani, dixie chicks, beegees - and now I've hit my classical folder.

I don't know of anything more beautiful than Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro - Act IV Ah Tutti Contenti. And having it on earphones, right in your head... it takes your breath away. And it made me cry. In the office.

But luckily, as I stated before, nobody else is here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! You linked to the CD I gave you.

Which means, in a way, I made you cry...

No, no, don't like where this is going at all...

Jim

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

JIM YOU MADE HER CRY YOU BASTARD.

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'll see if I can record my favorite opera singer singing, "Sing Verdi Very Loud" for you. Guaranteed NOT to make you cry.

8:23 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I still get shivers when I hear "O mio babbino caro" because in She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown, that was the song Peppermint Patty skated to, and her tape broke right as she was about to perform, and she was all panicked, and then Woodstock stepped up to the microphone and whistled it, and it was so beautiful. *Sigh*

7:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd recommend Il Divo- a 4 piece malegroup, singing opera versions of some songs. They've just released a new album, called Ancora. I love their version of "Unbreak my Heart".

Oh and I love love love "The Flower Duet" by I think Delibes. It's the song used for the British Airways adverts and it'll make you cry, alright, it's just so beautiful.

Callie

1:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home