As borrowed from missionbear.
This is your challenge: reply to this entry with your earliest memory of you and me together. And you can know me a little or a whole bunch. Do feel free to interpret as you wish.
This is your challenge: reply to this entry with your earliest memory of you and me together. And you can know me a little or a whole bunch. Do feel free to interpret as you wish.


9 Comments:
It was about 11 years ago. We were both taking a class at the University College of the Fraser Valley, called Human Impact on the Environment. I was sitting next to my friend Tara, who was also friends with Jenn, and she introduced us. Jenn and I became the best of friends, and neither one of us has any clue what became of Tara. I remember Jenn telling me at some later date that she decided I would be her friend. Once Jenn decides something, she makes it happen. Not that I was hard to convince. I'm flattered that she singled me out as good friend material.
At that time, we were both married. Jenn left her husband soon afterward (good move Jenn) and went back to Vernon. But, we remained friends and even though we've never lived in the same town since, I consider her my closest friend.
um... you are actually involved in the first memory I recall, which, as psych major I should confess, could be totally false. Anyhoo, I remember being on a tricycle on a hill infront of our house (not the first house I remember, I think it was in Armstrong, not the house across from the street from the people who looked after me... Lee was her name? Maybe the house before that? Did we live in two houses in Armstrong?) and I remember seeing you coming towards me from a few houses away. I don't know what I thought. Probably something along the lines of... 'well, that's my sister Jenn'.
I remember the first time we met. I was working at THAT PLACE and Mellie had just started working there, you came by to visit her at work for some reason and she introduced you like "this is my friend, Jenn", emphasizing the friend part (I haven't figured out how to italicize in comments, but if I could 'friend' and 'Jenn' would be italicized). She did it in what seemed to be such an odd tone, as if I was supposed to either know you or know something, so I thought maybe you and her were a couple. So I think there were a couple of days that I thought I was supposed to 'just know' something about you without being told, and it made me kind of nervous to be around you, sort of like when you meet someone and then forget their name but you can't admit that you don't know it. Turned out it was nothing, and I was obviously just a freak that likes to read into things.
Jill
My first memory of us interacting (sort of) was when you sent me a pm. I know we must have tal;ked on the board at some point before that for you to pm me, but I don't remember. Anyway, I remember being all excited because you knew who I was because I thought you were cool. Then promptly forgot to reply to your pm till it got deleted from my inbox! [doh]
My first memory of just you and me was sitting talking in the hotel room in Baltimore. Muffin Man asleep in the room next door. We were talking about everything. And I remember being so glad that I liked you, 'cause I love Jim and didn't want to not like his girlfriend.
My first memory of us interacting was on the BuffyGuide. I don't think it was actually the first time, but fairly early on in our online relationship I had made some reply about free speech in a thread, and you replied about the trade-offs involved in free speech vs. the real fear of hate language when you have to walk out to the parking lot in a redneck area. And I replied to you, saying that was a good point.
My first memory in person was at the Newark airport. You arrived at the gate, and thought you still had to go through US Immigration/Customs so you had time to stop in a restroom, freshen up after the long flight, etc. But you had actually gone through US Customs in Canada, and you came out to find me waiting there. And you sort of tried to will reality to be different, but it didn't work, as I was resolutely standing there before you had prepared yourself. *grin*
You looked beautiful! *kiss*
Jim
We remember when you first visited us. You brought us caaaandy! It was love at first sight.
OK Bye
Stompy and All the Bears
Honestly don't remember. I do remember thinking you were cool and funny. I think I was in Italy at the time, it was really hot and I remember there must have been some talk involving something that made me PM you and say "Well I just cleaned the apartment in my bikini, does that count? [towards whatever we'd been posting about]"
You laughed and said yeah, I think.
Callie
(I'd say more but I think it might worry people who don't know us WDers!)
Jill's response is so funny. I probably did mean something; I probably meant that you were lucky to be a friend and not a co-worker. I forgot I worked at THAT PLACE.
We met at THAT PROFESSOR's house. I was really nervous about all the weird people that were there and I felt like it was impossible to have a normal conversation. I saw you and though 'she looks normal' plus you smoked. It was meant to be. Of course, now I know that neither of us is 'normal' and am glad that we don't smoke.
Post a Comment
<< Home