Random Update
Yes, will update.
Jim has arrived (yesterday) and is here until next thursday. A quick visit, but it is very very well worth it!
I'm applying for another job at the uni. I no longer get too pumped up (as I used to each time I'd print off the ol' resume), but I do get a little hopeful each time. Today my job made me have a little cry. I hate that. I had worked for weeks on this document which then got pretty much turfed. I felt somewhat better when the fancy pants meeting had something come up that would have needed the info I had put together. I didn't actually jump up and yell "HA!" at that moment, but the undercurrent of that was there. I know not everything gets used - that happens. But I had thought it a good little document and worth something. Ah well, it can still be worth something as I have a copy and I could use it later mebe.
But whatever. Today's mottos "pish, not my uni" "pish, that's not my job" "pish, whatever. You're the boss."
I resolve to have a better attitude tomorrow. And to fire off my resume for Other Job (full time with benefits and about hmmm, 1.5 the pay - which works out to be 3x the pay when you consider it is full time and all).
So there is my random ramble on work. meh.
But Jim is here! Yay!!
xoxo
jenn
Jim has arrived (yesterday) and is here until next thursday. A quick visit, but it is very very well worth it!
I'm applying for another job at the uni. I no longer get too pumped up (as I used to each time I'd print off the ol' resume), but I do get a little hopeful each time. Today my job made me have a little cry. I hate that. I had worked for weeks on this document which then got pretty much turfed. I felt somewhat better when the fancy pants meeting had something come up that would have needed the info I had put together. I didn't actually jump up and yell "HA!" at that moment, but the undercurrent of that was there. I know not everything gets used - that happens. But I had thought it a good little document and worth something. Ah well, it can still be worth something as I have a copy and I could use it later mebe.
But whatever. Today's mottos "pish, not my uni" "pish, that's not my job" "pish, whatever. You're the boss."
I resolve to have a better attitude tomorrow. And to fire off my resume for Other Job (full time with benefits and about hmmm, 1.5 the pay - which works out to be 3x the pay when you consider it is full time and all).
So there is my random ramble on work. meh.
But Jim is here! Yay!!
xoxo
jenn


8 Comments:
Yeah, sometimes people just don't appreciate our genious. I often find valid problems in the books I proofread but am told just to let it go. Kind of disheartening.
But, yay, Jim's visiting you!! I hope you have a fantabulous visit.
xo
Laura
Sorry to hear about the misuse of your document, at least you had a wee bit of revenge.Good luck with the job, if its any consolation- I totally understand where you are coming from!!
Glad to hear that Jim has arrived!! One of these times you two should venture Eastward for a little visit...I know a place you could stay....free even....
*hug*
What? Jim's here? Where?
Heh. I am so bloody funny.
Seriously though, sorry work sucks. You can always get me to do some underhanded criminal work you know. I'm a little sister. I have not a problem with acts of civil disobedience. Gee... who did I learn that from?
I'm sorry work sucked today.
But YAY! I'm here! With you!
*kisses**
Jim
Yay! Jim is there! And it probably ok that it's a short visit, at least from the Bears' perspective. ;-)
Sorry that work wasn't great. It really does suck when the hard work you do goes unappreciated.
My version of your "pish" is "Not my circus, not my monkeys." It's been a bit of a mantra as of late. Plus, monkeys.
[hug]
"Not my circus, not my monkeys."
*much laughing of Bears*
We love Podgy!
We're sorry work wasn't fun, Jenn.
We're very glad you have Jim, and the two of you are happy. When Jim gets a chance, though, you might want to direct him to our blog blog.
*much vigoroo nodding of Bears*
OK Bye
Stompy
"told you so, I told you so, Ha Ha, I told you so!"
That would have been my tune in my mind at the fancy pants meeting.
Jill
Also, why do some blogs have asterisks? HMMMMM?
The stars *sometimes* work to indicate a recenly commented/entried blog. Is valid for the last 6hrs. But doesn't work for all blogs.
And yes, yes I did sing a little song in my head at the meeting.
Post a Comment
<< Home