Dork
I just looked at my profile and was like "woah- I'm 31?" When did that happen? Why can't I keep track of that?
In other news, I would like to ammend my wishlist to add "A new kickass job that is both challenging and rewarding as per the very kind/uplifting email from Melly today". We have decided this would probably lead to my feeling less like a lazy useless member of society and more jazzed and excited about what I'm doing (tm).
In that vein, I'm not going to take on extra tutoring at the uni for my 1.5hr break between my one job and my other off-campus tutoring, but instead use that time to do various positive things for myself and my career. This includes looking up jobs and various training events and maybe having some nice time for meditation or just *thinking* about my various career goals and writing down my thoughts/feelings about it all. Maybe getting a bit more grounded about the whole thing rather than frantically buzzing from one thing to another going "is this is? Is it? Should I do this? What about that? How much money am I making a month? Week? Day? WHat does does work out to per minute? Am I maximizing my potential? Do I even want to do that? Anything new posted on the comments on my blog??"
:)
Hee.
It's funny because it's true.
xoxo
jenn
In other news, I would like to ammend my wishlist to add "A new kickass job that is both challenging and rewarding as per the very kind/uplifting email from Melly today". We have decided this would probably lead to my feeling less like a lazy useless member of society and more jazzed and excited about what I'm doing (tm).
In that vein, I'm not going to take on extra tutoring at the uni for my 1.5hr break between my one job and my other off-campus tutoring, but instead use that time to do various positive things for myself and my career. This includes looking up jobs and various training events and maybe having some nice time for meditation or just *thinking* about my various career goals and writing down my thoughts/feelings about it all. Maybe getting a bit more grounded about the whole thing rather than frantically buzzing from one thing to another going "is this is? Is it? Should I do this? What about that? How much money am I making a month? Week? Day? WHat does does work out to per minute? Am I maximizing my potential? Do I even want to do that? Anything new posted on the comments on my blog??"
:)
Hee.
It's funny because it's true.
xoxo
jenn


5 Comments:
That last paragraph sums me up too.
Callie
I'm glad that you'll have the time to focus on getting what you want, need & deserve.
Here's a new comment on your blog blog, so you can take a break from working so hard.
*much waving of Bears*
OK Bye
Stompy
I feel you on the seeing "31" in my profile and going "WHA??"
But, whenever I do a "WHA??" about my age... I just remind myself that I'll always be younger than Jennifer Garner.
And somehow, that comforts me.
That is a great idea. I always feel much better just thinking on solutions to a problem - it makes me feel like I'm taking steps to solve it, which majorly calms me down.
Always helpful to know what you need and what you want.
Post a Comment
<< Home