Not for a lack of trying!
I mean, I was here yesterday for about an hour- wandering about, waiting for blogger to be back up and running... but then I had to run away.
So sorry about the delay in posting. Too busy. Too too busy!
Last weekend was awesome. Went and interviewed poets. They were amazing! It was great too as Jim and I got to travel with the poets for three days and see them read multiple times. We hung out and ate together and then I got to interview them all. The interviews went really well... I think.
The first was - well - my first real interview and I was nervous as hell. But when we finished up he said that it was one of the best interviews he's had and that he was very impressed with my questions! Whooo!
The second one was more challenging. She had a tendancy to not go along with me on anything. She was more likely to ask me to clarify what exactly I meant by the question. Confidence faultered.
Third interview was a woman I used in my thesis - excellent interview which was helped by my having worked with her stuff for over a year previous.
And the final interview went very well. She had obviously been interviewed many times, and in the end she complimented my style. I then confessed these were my first interviews and she was surprised. She said I had a very natural style.
That wrapped up on Sunday and Jim and I got to stop at a Salmon spawing area. Funny event: as we walk down the trail towards the river, we see signs warning of bears in the area. BIG HUGE SIGNS!
Jim turns to me excited and whispers "if we are really quiet, do you think we could see some bears?"
At this point I pretty much yell out "NO! THE WHOLE POINT IS TO BE LOUD AND HOPE THEY CLEAR OUT!!!"
His poor face fell. But then we saw the salmon and he was happy again. And the area was just beautiful - all of it. And I found this great yarn shop where I stopped to buy Leone some wool - er, and me a scarf. It is so beautiful I wake up excited to wear it for the day. In greens and light creams with some burgandy woven throughout. I believe leone said it was a drop stitch.
So that was last weekend, and then I worked uni, stats can, and tutoring throughout the week, and then did more interviewing this past weekend... and I am so glad I'll soon be done two of these jobs. It is just a little much. And Jim is leaving on wednesday and that makes me so sad I can't even think about it. So I don't.
Hope everyone is doing well. Laura, I'm sorry I missed your call. I'll catch up with everyone soon.
Hugs and kisses to all,
Jenn
So sorry about the delay in posting. Too busy. Too too busy!
Last weekend was awesome. Went and interviewed poets. They were amazing! It was great too as Jim and I got to travel with the poets for three days and see them read multiple times. We hung out and ate together and then I got to interview them all. The interviews went really well... I think.
The first was - well - my first real interview and I was nervous as hell. But when we finished up he said that it was one of the best interviews he's had and that he was very impressed with my questions! Whooo!
The second one was more challenging. She had a tendancy to not go along with me on anything. She was more likely to ask me to clarify what exactly I meant by the question. Confidence faultered.
Third interview was a woman I used in my thesis - excellent interview which was helped by my having worked with her stuff for over a year previous.
And the final interview went very well. She had obviously been interviewed many times, and in the end she complimented my style. I then confessed these were my first interviews and she was surprised. She said I had a very natural style.
That wrapped up on Sunday and Jim and I got to stop at a Salmon spawing area. Funny event: as we walk down the trail towards the river, we see signs warning of bears in the area. BIG HUGE SIGNS!
Jim turns to me excited and whispers "if we are really quiet, do you think we could see some bears?"
At this point I pretty much yell out "NO! THE WHOLE POINT IS TO BE LOUD AND HOPE THEY CLEAR OUT!!!"
His poor face fell. But then we saw the salmon and he was happy again. And the area was just beautiful - all of it. And I found this great yarn shop where I stopped to buy Leone some wool - er, and me a scarf. It is so beautiful I wake up excited to wear it for the day. In greens and light creams with some burgandy woven throughout. I believe leone said it was a drop stitch.
So that was last weekend, and then I worked uni, stats can, and tutoring throughout the week, and then did more interviewing this past weekend... and I am so glad I'll soon be done two of these jobs. It is just a little much. And Jim is leaving on wednesday and that makes me so sad I can't even think about it. So I don't.
Hope everyone is doing well. Laura, I'm sorry I missed your call. I'll catch up with everyone soon.
Hugs and kisses to all,
Jenn


6 Comments:
yay scarf!
Yay to scaring away bears and to shiny happy salmon!
Well...at this point between your schedule and mine we are never going to get together...:( Still a few days left though..
I still say we could have given reasoning with the bears a try.
Jim
Um, I'm really happy you didn't let Jim reason with the bears. We'd all be sad if healthy Jim & Jenn became half eaten mangled Jim & Jenn. Send him back to Van and I'll take him back to Grouse Mountain to see the big pretty bears behind the electric fence.
This won't work in reality, that is what I suppose.
ORIENTAL BEEF SHORT RIB BARBECUE
Post a Comment
<< Home