Thursday, September 08, 2005

Because I had that spare five minutes each day...

Yeah, I kinda got another job. I now have three, three somewhat mediocre jobs *ah-ha-ha-haaaa* [/voice of the Count from Seaseme Street].


A grade 12 student called the University English department looking for a tutor. But this is no normal tutoring gig. No. This is an hour and a half, six days a week. And today she asked if I could meet with her again tonight after we worked this morning. She is ESL and trying to get through the provincial exam in order to get into a specific uni programme. We've met twice so far and I like it. I'm going to give it a go. But I think this will be very time consuming. I'll be meeting with her during a mid-day break all week. So I'll go up to the uni in the morning, work the morning, take an extended lunch and tutor at her house, come back to work and work until later in the afternoon (I was going to end each day at 1:30, now I'll end at 3:30), go for a walk/to gym, get home, eat, and then work my other job for about 2.5 to 4 hours each night from home. Luckily the gov't job is mostly done on sundays - that is the six hours shift. Rest of the week is the shorter 2.5 or so hours. I'll tutor as well on saturdays. So gov't job is seven days a week (it blows), tutoring is about six days a week (seems cool), and uni job is four days a week (I still like it after three months - which is awesome). Fridays will be my closest thing to a day off.

I expect to become rich by the end of the month. If not, I will not be happy.

Jim has attemtped to explain to me that there will reach a time where more people will want me to work for them than how much I'll be able to work. And that just because I can work them all, doesn't mean I have to - or should.

I'm thinking this all through. But I really am keen on this whole "money" thing. It buys me stuff. Like.... paid off student loans. That is stuff to me.

xoxo
jenn

11 Comments:

Blogger Melly said...

Geez, that Jim guy sounds really reasonable.

5:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's important that you make lots of money. The way my job is going you may need to support me! mom

6:43 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

ohmigod! mom left a comment!

7:12 p.m.  
Blogger J S said...

Hi 'mom' of Jenn and Co. I love my blanket. The first night we used it I slept 8 hours... Mum has been using it ever since trying to get a repeat (no luck).

Oh, hi Jenn. Yeah, money is good.

11:25 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Listen to Jim, he knows these things. But then, when you have all that choice, you get to pick out the easy ones that pay well. That's the life.

6:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, debt payments count as "stuff" for me too. However, I believe I will have to marry rich for me to ever be debt free! I'm working on it....

7:31 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Listen to Jim. He is very wise.

Remember that you do need time to recharge the batteries.

Hugs to you and Jim!!!! And send him here when you're done with him, will you? Muffin Man is asking for you both. "Where'd Jim and Jenn go?"

7:53 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

The important thing is that you find time to use that money to come to California.

9:41 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Stuff....oh and paid student loans, my god thats like a dream come true!

12:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Money good. I'd like more of it too.

And hi to Jenn's Mom!

Callie

1:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Justin said...

Thank you for your post, pretty helpful material.
online supplements | medicaid transportation services | 14k gold chain

2:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home