Monday, September 05, 2005

Wanna mow my lawn?

Silly neighbours. If we had all stuck in this together and not mowed any more this year...

yeah, that was pushing it, I know. It is only September. But as tomorrow is back to school, I figure summer type activities like mowing the lawn should be done.

And although I'm no longer in school, the new school year is coursing through my veins. Let's pause here for a moment, shall we? Let's think about how long it has been since I've not officially been in school in September. And actually, since 1979 this has only happened once before for me. I took one year off in undergrad (although a number of part-time semesters). So other than that, September has been a time to start a new school term since 1979.

Gah!!!! No doubt I have this incredible urge to buy new pens and some loose leaf!

And although I'm no longer in school (for now at least), I am still at school with that job. Which seems to be being renewed for another eight months! cool beans. Although I've not been up there lately. After having had the past week pretty much off after putting in 21 hours in two days on monday and tuesday for the workshop last week, I got the rest of the week off! Not that I'm planning on starting a schedule that has me putting in two ten hour days a week as a rule. Made me very grumpy.

But then I was less grumpy as I got to spend the rest of the week with Jim. He's seen the big town now, I'm not sure what he'll do for the next four weeks here. We'll have to keep wandering further afield, me thinks!

ANd if you can't tell, I've downed two and ahalf glasses of wine. Sweet lovely red wine.

*hick*

xoxo
jenn

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Funny thing, mowing. I think I've only mowed six times this summer, due to lack of rain. My lawn nevertheless does not look horrible, though I lost the impetuous to do anything with my yard this year.

Being around school but not at school is awesome. You get to laugh at all the people laden with backpacks and studying for exams and laugh: HaHa! [/Nelson}

8:08 a.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Mmm red wine. Well my dad, who lives in your neck of the woods and who is a gardener extraordinaire told me two days ago that mowing is pretty much done for the year. I think somebody forgot to inform your neighbor.

1:26 p.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Sorry about that run on sentence or whatever that hideousness should be classified as. Um and this one too. K, shutting up now.

1:27 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

You never mow this time of year! This is the time the lawn grows the blades that nurture it through the winter so it springs up lush and verdant when the balmy breezes blow.

I get points for using verdant, blamy and nurture all in one sentence, right?

3:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,
You always make me smile. Even when you blog on grass. and school. Who knew? -Andrea P., new mom to be (I know, I know, But I think I'm funny, it's sad, really.)

6:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home