I was, but then, so now...
I was going to go for a little trip down south to visit the parents and the grandparents and the undergrad friends. Been trying to get ready so I could drive down tomorrow or thursday (7+ hr drive).
But then I got the 'new job' - and it starts next week - with three days training and then the 18hrs of the job itself - and still have the other job of 20hrs... which all certainly added to what I had to do before heading out for a little vacation.
So now I'm thinking I might not make it to the okanagan for a visit, but I might spend five days at home doing some yoga and reading my book (not school related!) and walking and getting tidied up and prep'd for a busy week next week.
And that might just be okay. Maybe I could really use some quiet time. I'd love to see everyone there, but I'd also love to just mellow for a few days.
Well, and vacuum.
xoxo
jenn
But then I got the 'new job' - and it starts next week - with three days training and then the 18hrs of the job itself - and still have the other job of 20hrs... which all certainly added to what I had to do before heading out for a little vacation.
So now I'm thinking I might not make it to the okanagan for a visit, but I might spend five days at home doing some yoga and reading my book (not school related!) and walking and getting tidied up and prep'd for a busy week next week.
And that might just be okay. Maybe I could really use some quiet time. I'd love to see everyone there, but I'd also love to just mellow for a few days.
Well, and vacuum.
xoxo
jenn


3 Comments:
Time for just yourself is so important! Do what makes you feel best, your friends and family will understand.
Besides, you will get to see them when you fly down to Vancouver to catch your flight to LA. *wink*
You've probably had the five days by now, but I'd say go for the time for yourself- and once you're chilled out, why not phone your parents and grandparents for a marathon phone call? That way you still get contact and catching up, albeit not in person- but contact is still good, you've not run round like a headless chicken, and are chilled, relaxed and serene for your new job.
Callie
Thanks so much for this post, pretty helpful data.
rougemont
Post a Comment
<< Home