Tuesday, August 16, 2005

so should I...

make a post on the BG about my and Jim's wedding being put off? Imply temporarily? I get a bit gorky feeling when people reference the upcoming wedding. I guess it is my own fault or something as I did post all this stuff about venue and picking out shoes and dresses and flowers and whatnot.

I mean, a whole lot of you here are from there and obviously know (oh and *wave* to Megan who has started stalking me of late). But there are people (particularily in testing) who don't read my blog and who think there is still this wedding happening soon. And there isn't.

And I don't want a big woowoo post that leads to the drama. I've had enough drama. I just kinda want a quiet little post so people know.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if someone mentions it in a post, you could PM them with a brief (or more information if you want for them) explanation. That way, as they were curious enough to ask, they know, but not the whole WD.

If it's in Testing, and no-one sees a reply people'll just think you didn't see it before it got wiped (if they even register the lack of reply at all).

's what I'd do, anyhoo.

Callie

10:52 a.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

I saw the replies to your post and cringed on your behalf.

I think Callie's idea is a good one. If you don't want to make a big deal about it, maybe PMing the individual would be a way to go about it. Although that could result in a lot of PMing, depending on how many people mention honeymoon lingerie!

At the end of the day, it's your and Jim's business and nobody elses. If you don't want to make a post announcing what's happened, then no-one would think twice about it. I know I wouldn't want to do it.

11:17 a.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

I don't think you have an obligation to make a post about it, but I do think it's a good idea. Especially since, as you say, your engagement and wedding planning were openly discussed for awhile. People feel like they are a part of it now. Until they know that plans have changed, they are going to keep getting excited about it and keep making mentions of it on the board. And that's only going to make you feel uncomfortable.

On the other hand, while most people are very supportive and kind, you do run a risk when you make something in your private life up for discussion on the board. I don't except that anyone would ever intentionally be an asshole about it, but you never know.

Oh, I don't know! I don't think my comment here has helped at all. I'm more confused that when I started writing it. [Hugs] anyway.

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

While I get the idea of PMing individuals who mention it (I was with Eileen on the cringing, by the way), it may get annoying after a while to keep telling people the same thing over and over again.

I think a quiet post would be better. You and Jim are good at the diplomatic and the funny, even in difficult situations.

I don't know if that's any help at all. So, um.

[hugs]

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

I think you should make a post asking people how they would announce to the WD that their wedding was postponed.

4:08 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Actually Min, you comment is very helpful. (As all the comments are.) But I like what you said about how people feel involved and excited - and I then get this strange double-whammy thing going on with their excitement and my excitement for their excitement.. but then my not excitement. And I think the PMs worked at first, but now it is getting tough to keep sending individual notes.

I talked to Jim. I think he's going to make a little note to put up.

Thanks everyone *hugs*

9:46 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

What bettie said. :)

1:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Hugo said...

I completely agree with the post.
cell phone accessories

7:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home