Saturday, August 06, 2005

A week

Since I last posted. I must have finish my thesis eh?

So it has been printed and shrink wrapped, and then shrink wrapped again as I thought of something I really wanted to change (not even in the thesis part of the thesis either -for that matter), and then handed in with my sheets and signed things. And then I went to hand in my form to graduate and the registrars office pissed me off:

Brainless Twit: "oh, this form can't be handed in until you pay the graduation fee."

me: "well, can I pay you?"

BT: "no. you have to go out and around the front and down the hall to the cashier to pay."

me: "then can you take this and I'll go pay on my way out?"

BT: "No, this sheet must have a paid stamp on it."

me: "then why doesn't it say that on it? if anywhere on here you all had put a spot and said 'this must be stamped as paid before handing in' - I would have done that. But it doesn't, so I stood in line here and now I'm supposed to go stand in line at the cashier and then come back and stand in line again?"

BT: "..."

me: "and no other form works this way. All throughout my time here as a student all forms must come to you first in order for the charge to even show up on the account at the cashier. In fact, I have to hand in my registration forms a day early for it to then show up for the cashier to know the amount..."

BT: "..."

me: "so for graduation you all decided to change up the process? The last form that comes to you is the one where the order is reversed?"

BT: "..."


me: "nice. Very nice."



So needless to say, I've still not handed in my form to graduate. I decided I'd phone the cashier from the office on monday, put it through on my credit card, and then inter-office mail the paper to the registrars office. I'm so not standing in that line again.

HA!

[/petty victory]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jen! Very nice out down without being rude.

Callie

2:03 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

A victory is a victory, though. They all count! I think your speech to the BT makes it an even bigger victory, too.

7:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Down with the bureaucracy! Er, yeah!

~CosmicAvatar

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

You go Jen. I love the level of snark you used. Just the right amount.

5:44 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

Why is The Man always trying to get us down?

{sigh}

Also, Heeeee! :-D

3:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home