Friday, July 22, 2005

Thesis Presentation

This is what I'm calling it now. My presentation. Yep, that's all it is. *nods*

And I'm getting it ready today. I'm not going to worry about playing out all the possible questions and trying to have all my replies ready and mapped out. I'm putting together a presentation, and cheat sheet of my main points, my main theorists, and my main reasons for thinking this work is important. I'm going to just remember that I think this work is interesting and important and worth talking about - so poop on anyone else who says differently.

This presentation is about clarifying all the wonderful points I made in the thesis, and explaining to the committee anything they don't understand about my amazing work. Yes. Very good.

So I've got today and this weekend to get things ready (and I'll need to put in probably one work day in here too) and I'll present on tuesday. Lots of people have commented on my title. They all really liked it.

My one friend wished his topic could have such a cool quote. But he's studying weather. Not so likely. I suggested that he could change his topic to pirates and vikings. Or possibly cavemen vs. astronauts. He's looking into that. He also asked if fuckface and dickhead were already taken so I had to go with asshole. I said I had to save up something for my PhD (which is a real joke as I'm not getting my PhD).

Okay, so I looked up websites on PhDs yesterday.


Anyhoo, Jim and I are doing okay and planning on seeing each other in September. We think seeing each other could be a good thing to do.

My roommate moves out this weekend. The house is a disaster and makes me twitch. But I'll clean it next week after she's done moving out.

My sister moves in at the end of the month.

New job is going very very well. My bosses all seem to think I'm nifty-keen. They may be a perm part-time position out of this (currently only runs till mid-sept).

I'm off to work on my presentation.
xoxo
jenn

13 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

"Asshole" just has that wonderful ring to it, I think. Yes.

More good luck with it!

10:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got this presentation all sewn up. Uh-huh. [nod]

~CosmicAvatar

11:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I 100% this renaming. Doing a thesis "presentation" does not make me want to wet myself. Did you decide to do a power point?

12:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, you know this stuff inside out. You can answer any question they throw at you.
I'm terrible at answering on the fly, but by the time I did my defense, I was so deep into the material that an answer, good bad or ugly, was ready at hand.
Just present, answer a few questions, and you're through!

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Although you looking up PhDs makes ME twitch. Do I see an intervention on the horizon---oh wait I'm projecting ;-)

You'll rock your presentation! Remember the A+!?

4:29 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Yes, I am doing a power point. And I'm keeping it very very simple so there will just be a few screens.

Pretty much talking about my title, my main points, and why I like my topic. I'm certainly not summarizing as much as others have done. But if people want to know more they can take it out of the library *wink*

9:31 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

Best of luck with your presentation, dear.

8:47 a.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

I'm very confused. I thought you were doing your PhD at the moment.

As everyone else has said, best of luck with the presentation. Just look at it this way: by Tuesday night it'll all be over for the better or worse. My money's on the better though.

3:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to rock this, and they will all see how clever and smart you really are.

Best of luck sweets, and have something superfun (hee- OT!) for Tuesday night- favourite food, ice cream, drink, film, that jazz.

Hugs, Callie xx

2:18 p.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Go Jenn! You're going to be awesome! Kick their academic asses! Yes!

I'm really glad to hear that you and Jim are okay. It made my pants sad to think of you as unhappy.

*hugs*
Angela

5:25 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I like your approach. If you practice answers to questions, you might sound too rehearsed. Although it's handy to have ready answers. That pause to think before you answer always feels like you're taking hours.

9:05 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

You are so going to rock this presentation- you know it *nods* Now more importantly - what-cha going to wear?

1:04 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Hey, Jenn!

I just tagged you with another meme. Hugs!!

1:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home