Tuesday, July 19, 2005

quick post

I will make this quick and non-proofread as I've got those eyedrops in that make me feel woogly and ill and I just want to go crazh on the couch...

but I did want to tell people that Jim and I talked last night and we are going to try. We don't know how it will look or what that means exactly, except that we still need to try some more. And hope. So we're going to try and figure out what that means. We are not getting married in September. We are not sure that we are getting married. We don't know. This is where the trying will come into play. But we're not nothing. And I'm glad of that. So I'm all mixed up emotions girl, but I love him and he loves me and we know that much is true. Everything else in the world seems to be loose approximations.

Okay, my eyes are too wonky and I so totally can't see right now. But I did see enough to pick out these with the help of my mom. I've been into some heavy retail therapy. I'm redoing the lounge (er, living room.. but bettie has influenced me as we're calling it the lounge now) in blue, chocolate, and cream. I just bought an ottoman cube in cream with blue and chocolate circles on it. I have a blue couch, a cream arm chair, and the main wall hanging is an aboriginal inspired turtle in blue, chocolate, orage, and deep red. I will be getting some further accessories in chocolate (tv stand, table, and a few other pieces). I like the idea of somehow redoing the area via accessories rather than by buying a new couch.

Oh, and thesis announcement came out today. One week. I cried. Happy and scared cry. But mostly happy and disbelief I'm actually going to finish this thing. Two years ago I walked into the Dean's office to quit. he kept me in school and now I'm finishing. I thanked him. He almost cried, I almost cried...

This is kinda what I've done lately.

Working on not doing that so much. Makes me tired.

I'm off to the couch. Things are certainly better. Well, except my eyeballs. Someone needs to turn down the lights.

10 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

I, too, bought new frames today. They were so unbelievably expensive that I nearly didn't buy them, but they were so bee-yoo-tee-ful that I had to do it!

Hope is good. Hope is-- well, hopeful. I am sending good thoughts your way and Jim's. *kisses*

6:21 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

On tenterhooks here.

6:34 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

I'm glad things are better. I really hope everything works out for you both.

Also, funky frames! I really like them!

1:53 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

I have my fingers crossed for Jim and you. Also, mucho good lucko with this final thesis step!

2:18 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Yay for trying, and ditto what Allison said about hope. As I told the Bears, I'm rooting for you guys.

I will be making an eye appointment in August. Which means that I will also have pretty new frames. The ones you picked look lovely.

And your lounge sound awesome! I think I need a lounge.

And yay for the thesis announcement! I know that you will knock their socks off.

I've been thinking about you a lot. I'm glad that things are looking up [/bad vision related joke]

*hugs*

5:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

I'm glad things have turned for the better slightly. And I'll continue thinking of you and Jim [heart]

Callie

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

I'm glad you two have talked. I really hope it works out.



{{{hugs}}}


~mouse

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Humm lets see, blurry vision, thesis defence announced and working on things with Jim..2 good, one not so good..all in all a good score.
*hugs*

3:51 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Better. Good. I like better.

Sending good luck vibes your way for that thesis!

5:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*crosses fingers*

~CosmicAvatar

11:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home