Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Silly

Okay so I have to share this first off:

I'm sitting at my home desk/desktop computer (which has the internet) while using my laptop at the same time (on the desk) to set up a bunch of scheduling things for this coming week. My laptop has wireless but I've not gotten a router thingy for at home yet. Anyhoo, so I'm plugging all these dates and info things into my schedule on my laptop and looking up info online and getting phone numbers and everything all ready for MY NEW LIFE WITHOUT THESIS (ie: finding a job).

I realise I need to pop up a couple weeks on my schedule (laptop) to put in some follow up I'll need to do next week. I'm moving the mouse and moving it and moving it but the curser isn't going anywhere. I suddenly realise I've been moving my desktop mouse which doesn't do diddly for my laptop.

*doh*

It is amazing how strong the feeling is that if I LOOK at the other screen, that is what should respond to my mouse movements. Err, I just did it again. Really. I am insane.

In other news, I'm still waiting on my meeting with my supervisor which is fine as I spent the day yesterday going over the thesis one last time. How many times have I said One last time? Too many. Whatever. It is done now. And I have the meeting when I have the meeting - regardless, I'm not looking at it anymore and I'm getting going on other stuff. The woman at the dean's office looked it over for any corrections needed to format guidelines, but she said it was perfect and she couldn't find one single error. Whoo! I currently have two title pages - one with the Provoking title as a safety. I'm running around today getting strange things done that have been put on hold forever. Like an oil change for my car. And some stupid financial stuff that needs to get into the bank. And finding a job. Right, I should take a break and all that - but there are things I've just left until I was done the thesis. And I think I'd feel better just getting on them right away.

Fact is, I just took one and a half years off from working to get surgery and then get this thesis done. I'd really really feel good bringing in some money now. Or at least knowing I had something lined up (I applied for this four month gov't contract that starts at the end of July).

Okay, I'm off to become further confused with my laptop's non-responsiveness to my mouse demands. But first I want to thank everyone for all their moral support throughout this process. I really really mean it. Having this crew on hand to show up and shout Yay! has been such a happy part of all this. Thanks so much everyone! *kisses*
xoxo
jenn

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Are you perchance looking at job opportunities anywhere on the East Coast? Hmmmmmm??

12:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries peanut! *snuggles*

And it must feel nice to sort out all the little things that have been hanging around. Clear up some clutter so to speak.

Callie

1:01 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

Vancouver! Look in Vancouver!

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

I feel your computer pain my friend. We don't have our router hooked up yet, so I still don't have internet connection in my room, but Amber's is working and she has a very "special" set up going. She has a laptop, but she spilled water on it and now the keyboard doesn't work. So she's got another keyboard attached. She doesn't have a mouse, though, just the touch pad on the laptop. Well, I can't tell you how many times I've been cursing at that laptop wondering what's wrong with it while I'm trying to type stuff in using the wrong keyboard. I hope my internet's working soon. I miss my puter.

By the way, are you looking for work in NY? You guys need to get a bigger place in NY so I can come and visit.

9:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home