Sunday, June 19, 2005

Done!

I'm done. Done my conclusion revamp, done my introduction fiddling, done my abstract, done looking over and over and over.

For now.

*wink*

I mean, yeah - I'll still have to prep for the defense and do the defense and do anything they want after the defense. But it will be finite and contained and close-ended and DONE! And it is all six weeks from now so I won't give it much thought for right now.

Current title:

How Do You Eat These? 'With Your Mouth, Asshole':
First Nations Women's Literature Challenges and Transforms the Colonial Production of Identity

I have an alternative title ready. Well, kinda. Keep the same ending and replace the first with either Provoking Narratives or Provocative Narratives.

I think I want Provoking.. but I've been playing with so many words I can't keep track what each of them mean. I think Provocative is cool.. but might end up feeling icky when I think about it tomorrow.

Right, did I mention how tired I am?

Tomorrow I take to school, print off two copies, fill out paperwork, hand in to Deans office. Make copies for committee. Run away!

All depending on my supervisor being in tomorrow. I've not heard back from her yet. Regardless, it is done. And I'm happy. But tired!

xoxoxo to everyone,
jenn

15 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU!! congratufuckinglations!

12:17 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Julia's comment summs it up well!

I'll go with a solid EEEEEEEEK! It's so close to being done done!

Hugs, and just keep swimming,

Callie

1:22 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Oh, man! You've worked so hard. Also, I like "Provocative". Yes.

2:33 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Yay! Yippie-ki-yay! Many congrats!

I'm sooooooo pleased for you!

*hugs*
Angela

6:01 a.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

Moooohooooo! Congratulations to you!

6:13 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Yay! Big hugs!

8:54 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Yay! Totally awesome!

If you have to change the title, my vote goes to provoking.

9:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

Congratulations, Sweetie! I'd like to feel very proud of you, but I'm not sure if a man feeling proud of his fiance is way too patriarchal. Consequently, I thought I'd check with you first. Until then, I humbly await your permission to feel proud.

Kisses,
Jim

10:24 a.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

Woohoo!

*much clapping of paws and bouncing up and down of Bears*

We're SOOOOOOOOO proud of you!

OK Bye
Stompy and All the Bears

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

so... now you have to change your blog heading... or *gasp* is this the end of preludes and nocturnes??!?

11:04 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Way to go!!
Thesis Fear Factor
*returns from a pan shot of Jenn sitting at her desk, papers flying around, highlighter pen on her face, sushi stains on the rough draft..."
Host: The crowd goes insane as Jenn has completed the final task !! She is the ultimate winner on Thesis Fear Factor...uuuhh sorry we have to break for an important message from our Sponser "Life after Thesis Support Network"
LATSN: Jenn, we want to congratulate you on your completion, in addition to your winnings on Thesis Fear Factor we want to award you with a month free subsscription to our newsletter; "Lounging around in the sunshine- How to do nothing".But wait that's not all, just for you we have thrown in a wonderful week get away package to Vanderhoof where you will partake in our seminar series with trained professionals, some of the seminars included are: "Rough Draft Withdrawl- Coping strategies", "Drop that Highlighter! Reading for fun!- A demonstration"
...sorry... I got a little carried away...
Woo hoo for you!!

2:00 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Yes!!

I am so very proud of you!! And I choose provoking. Provocative sounds vaguely sexual which I assume you wouldn't want,unless you do want it, because you are showing how Native women are reclaiming their sexual identities, but do you want the provocative to be imposed on them or emerging from their own sense or self and...

Owwwww!!! my head hurts now.

How the hell did you do this?

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

Well done! I'm in awe of you!

2:45 a.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

YAY!!! I'm so impressed! It's all happening for you. Well, you're making it happen. Congratulations sweetie. Oh yeah, if you have to change the title I vote for provoking as well. It's more active and doesn't have the sexual conotations.

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger Katy said...

Okay, so I've officially been a very bad stalker, but I have to make an exception for this to say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so very pleased for you.
Much love xx

2:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home