How Did I Not Know That?
Okay, so I'm always like - yeah PDFs are great and all, but you can't select the text and stuff and that makes them a pain at times.
Oh.
The "select tool" you say?
Yes. I just found that. (On my own, I'd like to point out. Thank goodness not to appear a total n00b on the job.) But I only found it because someone was like "oh yeah, and just select the entry from the PDF version of the calendar so you don't have the hyperlinks." From that I knew there had to be a way... but how have I gone THIS LONG NOT KNOWING???
Rhetorical question, by the way. No need for you to all write in answers to that.
*grumble*
So if anyone else out there thought that little grabby hand of PDFs meant no selection possible, there is a tool. I'd like someone to write in, though, and say that is a new tool. I would really like that to happen.
Oh.
The "select tool" you say?
Yes. I just found that. (On my own, I'd like to point out. Thank goodness not to appear a total n00b on the job.) But I only found it because someone was like "oh yeah, and just select the entry from the PDF version of the calendar so you don't have the hyperlinks." From that I knew there had to be a way... but how have I gone THIS LONG NOT KNOWING???
Rhetorical question, by the way. No need for you to all write in answers to that.
*grumble*
So if anyone else out there thought that little grabby hand of PDFs meant no selection possible, there is a tool. I'd like someone to write in, though, and say that is a new tool. I would really like that to happen.


11 Comments:
Wait. YOU CAN SELECT ON A PDF? This must be new. I HOPE.
Excellent, excellent. This is the comment I wanted. Thank you, dear Annika.
What I hate are the PDF forms that you can't fill out on-line. I love the ones you can. And I didn't know you could select text either, but then I never tried.
I never knew that. Wow.
A former colleague and I decided that "PDF" stood for "Please Don't Fiddle".
And that's all I have to say about that.
It might be a version thing, too. We use a version at work where you can highlight, make text boxes, circle, and just in general mark up the PDF file. Pretty sweet, actually.
I think Amanda's right. You can do all sorts of editing in Acrobat Pro that you can't in the free version. They call it Acrobat Reader for a reason! (Simon: hee!)
Yes the Acrobat Pro is a very fun application to work with. Acrobat Reader, not so much.
You can select on a PDF?!?!?
How could I never have known this?
Dude,this is such good info. Thanks for passing it on. The snapshot tool is pretty cool too. Of course I ran off to play after reading your post. I am now back commenting on it.
Gotta love learning something new every day... even at my "old age". ; )
I was all confused as to how I didn't know that, but then I read on - we only have Adobe Reader at work and home. Or Acrobat. Are those two different things? I just use Adobe [shrug]
This will not work as a matter of fact, that's what I consider.
cell phone plans | fuck my wife | show homes
Post a Comment
<< Home