YA Sci Fi/Fantasy
Edited to add: Please do NOT read the reviews or description on Amazon if you actually want to read the book. They are very VERY spoilerish.
I just finished re-reading The Keeper of the Isis Light by Monica Hughes. This is one of my favorite books from when I was younger. Got me to thinking of some others I'd like to re-read. And then I realised that I really did read fairly non-stop sci-fi/fantasy in the most difficult years of my life (grades 5-7).
Robin McKinley, Monica Hughes, HM Hoover.
And that is the next one I need to read. This Time of Darkness was re-read by me more times than one would think possible.
Now, if you'll excuse me - we have to go eat sushi. Oh yes.
I just finished re-reading The Keeper of the Isis Light by Monica Hughes. This is one of my favorite books from when I was younger. Got me to thinking of some others I'd like to re-read. And then I realised that I really did read fairly non-stop sci-fi/fantasy in the most difficult years of my life (grades 5-7).
Robin McKinley, Monica Hughes, HM Hoover.
And that is the next one I need to read. This Time of Darkness was re-read by me more times than one would think possible.
Now, if you'll excuse me - we have to go eat sushi. Oh yes.


2 Comments:
Excellent books. Mmmmmmm....sushi. Hi!
I loved Hughes, and read everything I could of hers. I heard they brought some (all?) of hers back into print.
I also read The Belgariad and heck...what else...Oh! Oh! Dark Angel!
I prefer pre-revisionist McKinley. And Deerskin remains a book I have, but can never read again.
Post a Comment
<< Home