Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yay!

Guess what we watched last night?

Pride and Prejudice! The REAL one! Oh Mr. Firth, you are so very yummy. I finally just went ahead and bought it from HMV. As I was scanning the shelf for it at the store, a sales woman came over with a customer and, as I read backwards to where "PR" would be, she grabs the ONE copy off the shelf and hands it to the woman standing there.

AHHH! CRAP! So then I'm standing there as the woman is like 'oh, it costs this much. Is this a good version? I think this is the one I saw."

I had to resist confiding to her 'no, that's the bad one. You want the one up front on the big display with Keira Knightly. Much much better. This one is older and outdated.. yeah.'

All in all, she wandered about with it for a while and then put it back on the shelf. I had already confided in the sales girl (to see if they had another in the store) and she suddenly hisses at me 'go! go! she put it back! GRAB IT!!'

And I did.

We watched the first sections last night. Oh Mr. Collins, you are so icky. And poor Mary. And Lydia is such a pain. And Lizzy, I love your womanly body and beautiful knowing smile. YOU are Lizzy.

*nods*

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

I loooooove that version.

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Still not seen it...

I had already confided in the sales girl (to see if they had another in the store) and she suddenly hisses at me 'go! go! she put it back! GRAB IT!!'

Love this bit. That is a good sales girl!

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I keep looking for it at the library, but it's always checked out. I'm just going to have to give in and get my password reset so I can put a hold on it.

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

I really should by this on DVD. My video version is getting a bit worn with the number of times I've watched it. I remember getting it for Christmas about 9 or 10 years ago (OMG!) and deciding at midnight to watch the first little bit. I ended up staying up all night and watching the whole lot!

2:13 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Oh yes, this is the version to own. Yummy, yummy Mr. Darcy. *drools*

8:37 a.m.  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Yes. Yes. And YES, YOU are Lizzy.

Oh, my, Mr. Firth. Rrrrowr.

11:54 a.m.  
Blogger CosmicAvatar said...

What Machiavellian machinations! I applaud thee.

12:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colin Firth-o-licious...
Now I know what I should watch tomorrow night when Shawn is out.
I'm thrilled just thinking about it.

5:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home