Friday, July 28, 2006

We're Getting MARRIED!

Oh yeah. We are already married. Okay, we're having a reception which I'm calling and Open House because I think that sounds more retro 70's coolness.

Anyone in the BC area on August 16th, come on by to my mom and dad's house!

We're having cake and coffee from the Bean Scene and punch and fruit and cheeses and Jim and I are making the photo album this weekend with pics from the honeymoon and wedding and I've made up announcements that we're going to have on hand with a selection of pictures for people to choose from (oh great, trying to pick 3 pictures we like best...) and we think it will be very very nice!

I was asked yesterday if I would wear my dress. And on the one hand I would, just because I could. But on the other hand that would mean getting it cleaned. It is dirty. And getting it cleaned is about in the couple of hundred range. Yeah.

I am thinking of trying to do it myself somehow. Any input welcome.

xoxo
jenn

13 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

I wish we could be there.

5:59 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

What about wearing the dress you bought for last September? Or is that icky?

6:23 p.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Um Little Miss Frugal please do not clean your dress yourself. I totally understand why and if I were you I'd probably be saying the same thing. But it might not be worth the risk in the long run.

Okay YAYAYAYAYAY an open house. I'm sooo excited now.

6:32 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Liz - I know, damn that lagging teleporter technology!

Annika - I think I might wear that dress, yes!

Melly - er, yes. You are right.

7:44 p.m.  
Blogger Jim said...

Wait... So I wasn't supposed to put the wedding dress in the washing machine with my new red shirt?

Oh...

7:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so on one hand i'm very excited for you. i'm so happy about you two in general, and even more so when you are all celebrating it.

and on the other hand i'm really upset because i won't be there. and i'm trying to be cool about it right now, and not cry at my desk, and not let this become a huge representation of every single thing i feel like i am missing by being away and maybe you can take lots of pictures and send them to me and i'll feel all there. and maybe i'll be around for an anniversary...

and this isnt about me, its about very exciting things for you two.

and liz, as soon as the teleporter is up and running we are both there.

and do not clean your own dress... unless you really are into retro seventies stuff because the dress may transform into something more akin to that era.

and give everyone big hugs for me.

and i'm so damn proud of you two.

-julia (who else would get all emotional like this on your blog)

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Hi Juberworms!

Please don't be sad. We will reinact the entire thing for you when you are home!

But for extra fun, I will play the part of Jim, Jim will be me, and Leone will be Anya and Jason will be Dawn.

Oh wait, that got mixed up with my and Leone's plans for us all to act out Once More With Feeling.

9:55 a.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Bugger, turns out I don't live that close after all.

But if my magic red shoes work and I click my heels three times, I can wish, right?

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

On the other hoof, if Jim did dye the dress red, that's almost like a whole new dress! ;)

12:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey again

ok, i'm already for the reenactment - maybe under the christmas tree?

11:31 p.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

That sounds awesome!

Silly half a continent away. Put me on the waiting list for that transporter...

*hugs* to both of you.

10:14 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

We will reinact the entire thing for you when you are home!

I know I speak for many of us when I suggest you take this particular show on the road. Your fans are waiting for it!

8:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Rodney said...

It can't really have effect, I believe this way.
Watertown NY | best cookie recipes | medications

3:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home