This is just a blog entry. Nothing more.
Doing that thing where I just blog and don't worry about it being 'good' or anything so crazy as all that. Randomness as follows:
There - I managed to blog. I so checking that off my list for today!
xoxo
jenn
- I've gotten better at doing less. I think. Have managed a few days of pj's till noon. Although still trying to workout daily and cook and job hunt.
- Resume is getting there.
- Made note of jobs today. Made note of deadlines. Made note of my pay requirements and had talk with self about not working for under my 'base' amount I've decided is the graduate degree cut-off.
- Been hanging out with zooey. Brought pizza and Firefly to her house this afternoon. Was all good.
- Made new curtains for bedroom to go under pretty embroidered sheer ones. Pink. Pretty.
- Have been clearing out papers. Who invented papers anyway? God. I have m/c statments coming out the wazoo!
- I think Laura is about to get my dream job. *yay laura!*
- I need to figure out what I will be when I grow up. Zooey mentioned this friend who got a spur of the moment job as the occupational safety girl at this place. We both agreed I would be the BEST occupational safety girl ever. I would have a clipboard with a checklist. I would send people home for not wearing their hardhats. I would be awesome! Someone should give me this job. Please.
There - I managed to blog. I so checking that off my list for today!
xoxo
jenn


11 Comments:
wanna hear something scary?
i was the occupational health and safety girl at my job.
I have to ask: what is the graduate degree income cutoff?
M Bear?
*much raising of eyebrows of Bears*
What kind of Bear are you?
*cautious strolling over of curious Bears*
OK Bye
Stompy
I can totally see you being good at the Occupational Safety job.
Would this job involve some sort of cleaning and tidying too- then bo-yeah you would totally rock
Pizza, Firelfy and friend sounds good!
I like the Blog entries too. Both writing them and reading them [up]
Callie
Hello the bears. I'm a missionbear.
I dunno, I think if I'm doing an hourly gig I certainly won't take anything under the $15 mark. And that would only be if it were a short-term contract in order to get back into the swing of things. But I know this really varies. I've got one friend who says $10/hr is just what there is out there. That's pretty tough because I was making more than that at the bank before any degrees. I could work for the city and be getting $23/hr (another friend who is doing roadwork with her MA). I would really like $20 to be my min and to shoot for higher. And all this depends on what I'm doing and what the perks are. I'd work for less if I got free shoes or coffee out of the deal. I mean, I have my priorities.
I know what you mean jellybean. The book publishing industry is notorious for its low pay (maybe because it has about 90% female employees???). You want to say "no way, I'm not working for less than $18 an hour" or whatever, but then you realize that you need to eat and pay rent and it's hard to get any kind of a job in the industry, much less one that pays decently. Wow, that was a long sentence. At this point, I'm getting anxious as I have not yet heard back from Harlequin and I really do need to pay rent etc. Good luck to you in your job search, and enjoy your time off.
xoxo
Laura
Jenn and hardhats? I can see that.
Jenn and hardhats? Could work!
Post a Comment
<< Home