Monday, July 04, 2005

Soooo....

As of Friday: my roommate is wanting to get her own place and will be moving out. *sad...*

As of this morning: my CV is up and running and looking cool. Career Consultant said so. *yay!*

As of Saturday: started to try and figure out finances. *ack!*

As of yesterday: had three possible jobs lined up to apply for/ interview for this week. *fret!*

As of yesterday: Jim and I are getting married in September. *whooo!*

As of today: started trying to find and book a wedding venue long-distance (by my parents' place). *urp...*

As of today: applied for super co-ordinator position (job 'three'). *crosses fingers*

As of this afternoon: took gov't test (job 'two') and scored unheard of 100% (dude said only one other such case in province). *preen*

As of tonight my amazing friend agreed to become my long-distance wedding planner! *hugs and joy!*

As of this afternoon: was told I had another of the jobs! (job 'one') *yay!*


... have job..... other jobs..... have upcoming interviews.... unsure of what is protocol.... is getting married in september... you all don't mind if I take a week off in sept, do you?... money is cool..... like the validation of being hired ... *confuzzled*


Pulls out secret wedding dress hiding in closet for past two months. Wears it around house. All is good!

Happy 4th of July to the Americoos!
xoxo
jenn

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura Barth said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on there! Congratulations on the job and on the 100%!! You're pretty amazing. Jenn for president, I say ... oh wait a minute we don't have a president do we? Clearly not scoring 100% here. The wedding's in September???? Well, excessive planning is over-rated anyways. It's great that someone's helping you out, though. I wonder how many jobs you'll have by the end of the week...

9:32 a.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

I think this entry might make me explode with excitement!

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Excellent news! September! That's right close!

10:24 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Is it super-weird that I am really jealous of your friend who gets to be your wedding planner?

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

Singing, "Jenn's getting married, Jenn's getting married" Do you think people will get tired of my song before September? Hmmmm I'll add a line, "Jenn and Jim are getting married." Yup, that's better.

5:31 p.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Good grief! You have so much on your plate. Congrats about job one, though. That rocks hard! Yeah!

1:54 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Dear zooey, I think you are right on a number of levels. The one job didn't work for that as I felt it was too clear at the interview that I needed to be available for a specific time - it was a 3mos contract. So I think that one just would have been too much for me to try and wiggle with in this way.

But the other job I'm looking at might work with this plan of yours. And I think this is something - in general - I need to work at more in the future. Something about not being quite so nice, or something. I'm not sure what it is exactly, and I know it isn't about me becoming an ass, but something about valuing (valueing?) myself enough to do some of these more 'ballsy' moves. Yeah, getting a bit more of Jim's american-ness with these negotiations. I think this is something I would be well seved by in the future. Little less polite canadian girl.

Not unethical, but maybe a bit more aggressive.

Thanks! You can rant here any time.

10:28 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Dear annika - if I were getting married in your town/country, I'd totally want you to be my wedding planner!

10:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home