Thursday, February 10, 2005

So Look at Me!

All engaged and all!

Pretty darned nifty, I tells ya. One thing at this point is the ring. Jim did not buy a ring beforehand. Wise wise boy. He knew how much excitement I'd get from picking it out myself. Thing is - and this makes me sad - my trip is really rather quickly wrapping up. I fly out in 12 days and we're wanting to be able to take our time in finding a ring.

But with me going home - taking our time could mean MONTHS.

*ack*

Jim and I are going to go take a boo around a bit - but we're also aware that some places send the rings out for any sizing. This could also push the time beyond what we have (even if we did find a ring on the first go).

I'm trying to be a big girl about the whole thing. Right now I'm wearing my Christmas ring and it is very very pretty. Mom suggested that Jim should learn to economize better and that I should just use that one. It is very pretty. And I love it.

Also, Jim is planning on coming up to visit me in Vancouver soon and we could certainly take a look around there.


In other news - so, a wedding. Or five. I really don't think I want the white dress bit. I'm leaning more towards Miranda's style for her wedding on Sex and the City. It was pretty. White poof has just never looked good on me. I want off the rack, baby. And maybe even discount. Ohhhh.. discount [/Homer]

I might pop down to Century 21 - discount designer. Again featured on Sex and the City. That would be cool.

Oh, and check out www.clay-pot.com

Very nice stuff. What else?

www.antiqueengagementrings.com


*sigh*


11 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Damn!The rings are very pretty - I don't think that I could choose just one, which is a good thing considering I wouldn't have enough fingers for all of them. You are going to have your work cut out for you. You have already done the hard part (finding the right partner!! To give you the ring!)Finding the right ring will be easy - cause as soon as you see it - Blam!

Weddings & babies are two of my favorite things, and depending on how big they are - depends on the amount of pain you experience *hee hee* just kidding!
*zooey your post is too funny* FYI, my man has been meaning to bother yours about the "symbol of your love" since he found out that you were expecting.

I am so very excited about the wedding whoo hoo!! I think- and this is only a suggestion; that you should have 2 weddings in 2 different places(countries); ( now you could be like my cousin's wife, they got married in Australia - she got a wedding ring& engagement ring; then they had a ceremony in Canada - and well it was bad luck to use the same rings - so yup! She got another whole set!!) So two sets really wouldn't be out of the question :) Then you could narrow your selection to 2 enagement rings and 2 wedding bands! (Thought I would pass along this vital information as thats what good friends do!)
lol
Cali

1:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at the antique ones (I'd love an old one), and was thinking "How do you ever choose?"

Then I saw this one: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=3

Sigh. Reckon I can find a bloke and get over my whole phobia of relationships (it seems I have one) and get to the engagement point??

Love and hugs, Callie

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

You really need to stop giving me links to pretty, pretty rings. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to get the money to buy this one:

http://www.faycullen.com/rings/800/a1226r6d.html

2:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant ring 2 on the page:

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=3

- the one below the emerald one

Oops! Forgetful Callie...

2:45 p.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

Asscher Cut Diamond Engagement Ring
This one is so you, it's on the antique website, on page one I think or something, can't remember. Get it. Get it get it get it. And why five weddings? I see four, where is the fifth coming from?

3:25 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Oh yes, how do I love Fay Cullen. I've found this one there:

http://www.faycullen.com/discounted_rings/800/b128r5d.html

and it is on sale!

*ahem*

I loooove the ones on that antique engagement site. And yes, Leone, the asscher cut especially. What I like is that the dude is in nyc as well so we're thinking of heading down there to see the rings in person.

And I said five weddings because it really does seem like four is possible so "five" made it more funny.

hardy-har-har

*wink*

4:44 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Oh, and I should point out for Callie (and Cali too if she likes *hee*) that the diamond industry is now pushing that women buy their own "right hand rings" so they don't need to wait on no man.

Or some noble notions such as that.

Not, no not at all, to keep pushing up demand for diamonds or anything.

Of course, I personally seem to fuel a certain demand for diamonds all unto myself.

*doh*

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

oh geez, the though of all you and the babies in the 15 passenger van made me laugh!

Especially as when I pictured it I had the respective boys' heads sticking out the sunroof.

Hey, it's my imagination so I can have a sunroof in the van if I want to *grin*

5:19 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Wow! That 2 carat sapphire ring on page 3 made me want to get engaged all over again. And I didn't even care that it was a replica.

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

isn't vancouver a really good middle place for you both?

i thought so

but you can't steal my venue... even though you are already stealing my whole getting married idea. humph.

so yes, vancouver

6:44 p.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Lucky you! I would have no idea what sort of ring to suggest so I'll say something else - worry not about how long it will take, just do what's right for you.

But you knew that anyway, so congratulations again!

2:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home