Thursday, October 20, 2005

If someone could be so kind...

I have now saved almost $3000 by quitting smoking close to 2 years ago. I would really like it if someone could send me that cheque.

8 Comments:

Blogger Yonners said...

Consider the 'cheque' being shoes, clothes, hair product, and starbucks coffee. Does that make it a little better?

9:44 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

I would like my check too! Between the two of us, we must be over $500 by now. I WOULD LIKE A VACATION. Or maybe some clothes that fit.

(My "word" is dcoce" and I typed "Dooce" three times.)

10:30 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Just be glad you're not in a deficit. My $35.97 still hasn't caught up to the price of the sexy boots.

10:39 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

I know that all these other things I've gotten the past two years could try and stand in as the $3000... but I think I would have bought them anyways. I've not had a radical upsurge in my clothing spending - so where is that extra $3000? I'm honestly confuzzled.

Actually, I believe it is very much tied to the same thing that makes the best way to save money is to have the money just come out automatically and go "somewhere else" as you won't really notice. So if I had only set up something that took that $8 out every two day or whatever the amount is - and put it into an account that doesn't show up on my online banking or ATM or anything else.

I'm hopeing someone has been doing this. Hence the request for my cheque now.

10:42 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

I think my first few weeks of quitting was on a deficit. I agreed with myself that the pleasure had to outweigh the pain. And that meant I spent about twice as much on rewards as I would have spent on smokes for a while.

And it worked!

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

If the Bears gave up caaaandy, we'd save so much money, we could buy tons of caaaandy!

How does one go about signing up for this check for not doing something?

OK Bye
Spike

4:28 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

It's always been about how much cash is in my wallet. If I didn't by one thing (cigs) I'd buy another (magazine, hand cream, lunch).

So, there'll never be a surplus for me. No matter what that silly counter says.

11:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Isiah said...

It's all wrong what you're writing.
get free games for pc | easy game play online | free games | online games to go | gametop review

12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home