Sunday, October 16, 2005

Stolen from another blog

From the Letters to the Editor of the Dublin (Ireland) The Sunday Independent (as reprinted in The New Republic, Oct. 24, 1994):

Sir — I was shocked by the language of Molly McAnailly Burke's piece on lesbian rockers, and your allowing it in a family newspaper. The offending phrase "five writhing beauties hot for each other" should be "five writhing beauties hot for one another," since "each other" applies only to two.

— Sean O'Brien, Rathfarnham, D14

Courtesy of Creek Running North

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *think* I would have said 'one another' but I can't be sure. 'each other' sounds good to me too. Argh the more I think the more confuddled my head gets.

It's a bit anal of that person to write in over something like that though... Grumble at home maybe, but write in?

If I didn't know better I'd say it was the Billy Got-No-Hobbies who always writes a pedantic letter into the Metro newspaper, and who lives in Leeds. I didn't get chance to conduct a proper survey, but he seemed to be published every smegging week, with the same type of pedantic letter.

11:33 a.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

ROFTLOL

That's beautiful. :D

11:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the first comment was me.

Callie

11:39 a.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

I LOVE that!

5:34 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

maybe lesbian rockers just don't believe in proper grammar.

hussies :)

1:26 a.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

We would say each anothoo!

OK Bye
Stompy

9:32 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Yep. That made me laugh out loud.

4:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home